Sonnet Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe Card
USB 3.0 PCIe card 4 Ports with dedicated controllers for Windows and Mac
The Sonnet Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe card enables 4 Super fast USB 3.0 ports to any computer with PCIe slots. If your computer doesn't have PCIe card slots available but has a thunderbolt port then pair this card with Sonnet Thunderbolt to PCIe chassis such as the Echo Express SE I, SE II, Echo Express III-D/R.
Add Four Powerful 5Gb/s SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports—Each with its Own Dedicated Controller
Do you frequently need to hook up multiple USB 3.0 drives for fast backups and drive-to-drive duplication? If you are looking for the best possible performance, install the Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe adapter in your Mac Pro tower, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe card expansion system. This pro Sonnet card adds four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to your computer, but unlike conventional adapter cards, each port has its own controller. Instead of sharing a single controller’s bandwidth, each port gets its own, enabling the Allegro Pro card to support aggregate transfer speeds of up to 1,800 MB/s (450 MB/s per port)!
The Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe card features a PCIe 2.0 x4 bus interface to take advantage of one of your computer’s fast expansion card slots. This card installs easily into any x4 PCI Express (PCIe) slot that supports a full-height card, features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 peripherals.
The Power to Charge and Sync
Sonnet specially engineered the Allegro Pro card to provide extra power through its ports without the need for you to connect an auxiliary power cable. Delivering up to 10W of power per port, this Sonnet solution supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices without the need to connect an additional AC power adapter. The Allegro also supports the USB 3.0 charging specification that enables you to simultaneously charge and sync your iPad®, iPhone®, or other device that supports USB 3.0 charging.
Optimized for Thunderbolt
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? This card is ideal for use in one of Sonnet’s Echo Express or xMac Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Card Expansion Systems—the combo enables you to add four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to iMac, Mac mini, new Mac Pro, MacBook Air®, and MacBook Pro computers with Thunderbolt ports.
Why limit performance by connecting multiple storage devices to your Mac’s built-in USB 3.0 ports? Install the Allegro Pro card into an Echo Express III-D (or other Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion system) and connect it to your Mac via Thunderbolt cable—you’ll add four USB 3.0 ports, each with a dedicated controller, for faster data transfers from media card readers, storage, and other peripherals.
Adds SuperSpeed USB Connectivity
- Adds four USB 3.0 ports to your Mac Pro with PCIe slots, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion system
Four Ports, Four USB 3.0 Controllers
- Supports aggregate transfer speeds of up to 1,800 MB/s (450 MB/s per port)
Powers Connected Devices
- Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices with up to 2.0A per port
Supports Charge & Sync
- Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously sync and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility
- Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection
- Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
Optimized for Thunderbolt
- Provides optimum performance over Thunderbolt
- Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot
- Allegro Pro USB 3.0 4-Port PCIe Computer Card