Neumann TLM 103 D Digital Studio Microphone (Nickel)
Large Diaphragm Digital Microphone (Nickel)
Pure Neumann sound in the digital domain, for use with AES/EBU, AES 42 or S/PDIF. The signal is converted directly at the capsule. Difficult questions concerning the optimal preamp and A/D converter for a Neumann mic are thus a thing of the past.
For many years the analog version of the TLM 103 D has played an important role for ambitious home recording and project studios. This microphone has made the Neumann sound available to a broad spectrum of demanding audio engineers and musicians. The TLM 103 D provides all of the sound features of its analog counterpart, in addition to the advantages of digital circuit technology described above.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Includes swivel mount
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm.
- Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original,
- with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- The guarantee of having one of the best
- A/D converters available.
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
Acoustic transducer: Pressure gradient transducer
Directional characteristic: Cardioid
Free-field sensitivity: –39 dBFS
Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 17.5 dB
Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 7 dB-A
Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR: 76.5 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: 87 dB
Maximum SPL at 0 dBFS: 134 dBSPL
Dynamic range, A-weighted: 127 dB
Weight and Dimensions
- TLM 103 D Microphone
- SG 2 Stand mount swivel
- Wooden Box