JBL Pro PRX815W 15" Powered Loudspeaker
15" Two-Way Full-Range Main System/Floor Monitor with Wi-Fi
The JBL PRX815W is a full-range speaker designed for main system and floor monitor applications. Featuring a 15”, two-way, bass-reflex design powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX815W delivers incredible volume in a lightweight and compact form factor.
PRX815W is a portable and small-blueprint speaker in the PRX800 Series. Utilising a 15" 275G Differential Drive woofer to virtually eliminate distortion distortion as well as reaching higher SPL, alongside a 1.5" annular polymer diaphragm, the PRX815W has been built to deliver maximum performance for its weight and size.
The PRX815W is the latest model of the highly successful PRX Series. It utilises JBL’s road tested transducer technology with edgewound ribbon voice coil to improve efficiency and power handling. The PRX815W is powered by a 1500 watt high performance, low distortion biamplification system designed to dispense sparkling power with optimum headroom to deliver smooth, high frequencies and rich, deep bass response even at very high sound power levels.
Deploying the most up-to-date manufacturing materials and methods, JBL has calibrated the PRX815W’s enclosure for optimum acoustic resonance. The end result is tremendous volume and outstanding performance in a convenient, lightweight package. Indexed feet moulded into the PRX815W enable convenient storage and transport, on top of protected stacking for stage monitor and traditional stand-up configurations. Additionally, the intuitive location of the handles on the PRX815W guarantee you'll have no trouble carrying it around, while integrated hardware mounts make it possible to fly with the PRX815W if necessary.
An examination of the PRX815W radiation characteristics at different points on the high and low-frequency drivers enabled JBL engineers to discover a ground-breaking approach to waveguide design. The PRX815W utilises standalone waveguides for each component that controls the sound radiation at the high frequencies, the crossover point, and at the low frequencies, ensuring unparalleled sound quality. Innovative design also provides consistent frequency response across the PRX815W’s entire coverage area, sending smooth, transparent sound to everyone in your audience.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behaviour
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex™ finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance