Focusrite RedNet D64R MADI Bridge
64 Channel bridge between MADI and Dante Networks
MADI is widely used for large-scale digital audio systems such as audio consoles and conversion systems, allowing multiple channels to be carried along a single interface. RedNet D64R provides the link between a Dante Ethernet-based audio system and any MADI / AES10 setup. D64R supports up to 64 channels of both coaxial and optical MADI interfaces and is completely bi-directional, allowing the use of any Dante components including RedNet’s high quality interface products with a MADI system – or MADI components with a Dante system.
Focusrite’s RedNet D64R offers the connection between a Dante Ethernet-based audio system and any MADI / AES10 setup. MADI is often used for significant scale digital audio systems like audio consoles and conversion systems, permitting multiple channels to be carried along a single interface. The D64R sustains up to 64 channels of both coaxial and optical MADI interfaces and is entirely bi-directional, allowing the deployment of any MADI components with a Dante system or any Dante components, including RedNet’s high quality interface products, with a MADI system.
The D64R permits interfacing between MADI and Dante, regardless of the sample rate at which either system is operating, thanks to a sample rate converter (SRC) on each input and output. As well as both coax and optical MADI interfaces, RedNet D64R delivers Word Clock in and out.
Dual Ethernet ports with locking etherCON connectors are supplied, with multiple operating modes like daisy-chaining and redundancy, each affirmed by indicators sitting on the front-panel. Separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) are situated on the rear of the unit with two autonomous power supplies, alongside fault detection capability, included. Power state is displayed both remotely and on the front panel. The D64R features a robust, roadworthy exterior complimented by premium internal build quality. On top of that, the unit’s blueprint is unbelievably condensed - a compact 1U rack-mount form factor.
The D64R, as with the rest of the Focusrite RedNet range, is completely compatible with all other Dante network components – acting as a bridge between a MADI system and a Dante network. This bridging facility enable the user to utilise RedNet’s growing range of high-quality audio interfaces to place analogue or digital I/O, as well as third-party Dante-compatible products, exactly where they’re needed – which is as close as the nearest Ethernet port. It also makes it possible to connect Dante components to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI.
- Connects a MADI system and a Dante network seamlessly together. Connect Dante to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI; or extend a MADI system with RedNet’s versatile, superb-quality audio interfaces and connectivity – or any other Dante compatible devices.
- Built-in redundancy with dual locking power and etherCON network connectors.
- Supports both coax and optical interfaces – connect simply to any MADI equipment
- Slave either the Dante system or MADI streams to an external clock
- Supports up to 64 channels of digital audio I/O at standard sample rates (44.1/48kHz) from a MADI system, 32 channels at 96kHz and 16 at 192kHz.
- Sample rate conversion (SRC) on each input and output, allowing MADI and Dante systems to operate simultaneously at different sample rates.
- Simple 1U rack-mount module with the classic red aluminium faceplate.
- RedNet Control and Dante software allow remote routing and control from the audio computer system via a software control panel – no hardware patching required.
Connectors (Rear panel)
2x etherCON locking Ethernet connectors – also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors
2x BNC Word Clock In and Out
2x BNC MADI Coaxial In and Out
Duplex-SC MADI Optical connector In and Out
2x IEC power connector: 100–240Vac, 50/60 Hz, cord retaining clips included
Controls (front panel)
Indicators (front panel)
Green LED power indicator
Network Status: Primary/Secondary/Locked PSU: A/B
Sample rate: 44.1/48kHz, x2, x4, Pull
Clock Source: Internal, MADI, Word Clock
MADI Input: Coax, Optical, Auto
Clock Source: SRC, RedNet, MADI Input, Word Clock Signal: In, Out, Varispeed
Electrical standard: as per AES10:2008
Connector: BNC 75Ω
Recommended cable: 75Ω characteristic impedance
Optical standard: as per AES10:2008 (ISO/IEC 9314-3, FDDI, ANSI X3.166)
Recommended Cable: Multi-mode, Graded-index, 62.5μm core, 125μm cladding
(Single Mode available on request)
Supported Sample Rates
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
Single rate: 64 (56) Double rate: 32 (28) Quad rate: 16 (14)
Lock range: 41kHz to 216kHz (MADI)
Sample rate ratio limit: 6:1
THD: –130dB (typical)
Latency: 43 to 192 samples (sample rate dependent)