MADI is widely used for large-scale digital audio systems such as audio consoles and conversion systems, allowing multiple channels to be carried along a single interface. RedNet D64R provides the link between a Dante Ethernet-based audio system and any MADI / AES10 setup. D64R supports up to 64 channels of both coaxial and optical MADI interfaces and is completely bi-directional, allowing the use of any Dante components including RedNet’s high quality interface products with a MADI system – or MADI components with a Dante system.
D64R features a sample rate converter (SRC) on each input and output allowing interfacing between MADI and Dante irrespective of the sample rate at which either system is operating. Connect a Dante network to MADI-based digital consoles, computer cards, converters and much more. In addition to both coax and optical MADI interfaces, RedNet D64R provides Word Clock in and out.
PSU and Ethernet redundancy
Dual Ethernet ports are provided, with locking etherCON connectors and several operating modes including daisy-chaining and redundancy confirmed by front-panel indicators. Two separate power supplies with fault detection capability are included, with separate power input sockets (including retaining clips) on the rear of the unit. Power status is indicated both remotely and on the front panel. The D64R features a rugged, roadworthy exterior and high internal build quality. In addition, it offers a compact 1U rack-mount form factor for a full 64 channels of I/O.
Up to 64 channels
D64R supports up to 64 channels of digital audio from a MADI system at standard (44.1/48kHz) sample rates, 32 channels at 88.2/96 kHz, or 16 channels at 176.4/192.
D64R fully supports the MADI varispeed (56-channel) mode.
Add MADI to Dante – or Dante to MADI
D64R bridges a MADI system and a Dante network – and, like the rest of the Focusrite RedNet range, it is fully interoperable with all other Dante network components. The bridging facility means that you can use RedNet’s expanding range of high-quality audio interfaces to put analogue or digital I/O, as well as third-party Dante-compatible products, exactly where you need it – which is as close as the nearest Ethernet port. It also means that you can connect Dante components to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI.
Developed from the RedNet 6, Focusrite’s D64R is a second-generation bridging module that can significantly expand the options and possibilities of both MADI and Dante networks.
- Connects a MADI system and a Dante network seamlessly together. Connect Dante to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI; or extend a MADI system with RedNet’s versatile, superb-quality audio interfaces and connectivity – or any other Dante compatible devices.
- Built-in redundancy with dual locking power and etherCON network connectors.
- Supports both coax and optical interfaces – connect simply to any MADI equipment
- Slave either the Dante system or MADI streams to an external clock
- Supports up to 64 channels of digital audio I/O at standard sample rates (44.1/48kHz) from a MADI system, 32 channels at 96kHz and 16 at 192kHz.
- Sample rate conversion (SRC) on each input and output, allowing MADI and Dante systems to operate simultaneously at different sample rates.
- Simple 1U rack-mount module with the classic red aluminium faceplate.
- RedNet Control and Dante software allow remote routing and control from the audio computer system via a software control panel – no hardware patching required.
Connectors (Rear panel)
2x etherCON locking Ethernet connectors – also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors
2x BNC Word Clock In and Out
2x BNC MADI Coaxial In and Out
Duplex-SC MADI Optical connector In and Out
2x IEC power connector: 100–240Vac, 50/60 Hz, cord retaining clips included
Controls (front panel)
Indicators (front panel)
Green LED power indicator
Network Status: Primary/Secondary/Locked PSU: A/B
Sample rate: 44.1/48kHz, x2, x4, Pull
Clock Source: Internal, MADI, Word Clock
MADI Input: Coax, Optical, Auto
Clock Source: SRC, RedNet, MADI Input, Word Clock Signal: In, Out, Varispeed
Electrical standard: as per AES10:2008
Connector: BNC 75Ω
Recommended cable: 75Ω characteristic impedance
Optical standard: as per AES10:2008 (ISO/IEC 9314-3, FDDI, ANSI X3.166)
Recommended Cable: Multi-mode, Graded-index, 62.5μm core, 125μm cladding
(Single Mode available on request)
Supported Sample Rates
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
Single rate: 64 (56) Double rate: 32 (28) Quad rate: 16 (14)
Lock range: 41kHz to 216kHz (MADI)
Sample rate ratio limit: 6:1
THD: –130dB (typical)
Latency: 43 to 192 samples (sample rate dependent)