Focusrite ISA 828 Microphone Preamp
8-Channel Microphone Preamp with A-D Conversion
The ISA828 eight-channel microphone preamplifier provides eight original ISA transformer-based preamps in a single robust 2U chassis, offering the Focusrite signature sound at its lowest cost per channel to date. The eight ISA-series transformer-based microphone preamps feature the same classic microphone preamplifier design as the original ISA110 module from Focusrite's critically acclaimed Forté console (including the original Lundahl L1538 transformer and bespoke zobel network).
Focusrite’s ISA828 eight-channel microphone preamplifier delivers the Focusrite trademark sound at its lowest cost per channel to date, supplying eight original ISA transformer-based preamps in a single sturdy two unit chassis. The eight ISA-series transformer-based microphone preamps make use of the same archetypal microphone preamplifier design as the original ISA110 module from Focusrite's legendary Forté console (including the original Lundahl L1538 transformer and bespoke zobel network).
The preamps are supplemented by eight line inputs, eight line outputs and a further optional eight channel 192kHz A-D converter boasting a dynamic range of 122dB. The ISA828 also combines speedily and effortlessly with ProTools HD, and other popular hard disc recorders and mixing desks, because of its widely-compatible 25 pin D-Type connectors.
The microphone input stage also features a variable impedance circuit, providing the user the opportunity to alternate between four well thought out selected input impedance settings. The original ISA110 setting is complimented by three more impedance settings to either faultlessly counterbalance the preamp with a microphone, maximising level, or to use diverse settings creatively to sculpt the sound of the microphone being used.
High and low impedance options are present on the four front panel instrument inputs to deliver a complete and accessible DI solution. If the need arises to position extra processing between the preamp and converter insert switches feature on every channel. Each channel provides vintage design 75 Hz / 18dB per octave high pass filters, making certain that unwelcome low frequencies are essentially eliminated.
- Eight ISA series transformer-based preamps: in a single robust 2U chassis, offering the classic Focusrite pre at its lowest cost-per-channel to date
- New optional eight-channel 192kHz A-D converter: Embodies cutting-edge conversion technology, incorporating Focusrite analogue circuitry to deliver the best A-D performance on the market, bar none
- Convenient 25 pin D-type connectors: The ISA828 integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, as well as other popular hard disk recorders and mixing desks
- Switchable impedance: Selectable per channel; choose one of four carefully selected input impedances, including the original ISA110 setting, to suit any microphone
- Direct instrument inputs: Each instrument input features high and low impedance options to provide a comprehensive and accessible DI solution
- Inserting available on every channel: Allows external devices to be inserted between the preamp and the A-D converter, using the 25-pin D-type cable
- High pass filter, phase reverse and phantom power: Each has a dedicated switch, independent on each channel
- Six LED input meter: Complete with precise meter trim - Designed to utilise the same reference points as Avid Pro Tools HD™
Mic Input Response
Line Input Response
Instrument Input Response
High Pass Filter
Dimensions and Weight