FabFilter Pro-Q 3
24 band Dynamic EQ w Dolby Atmos Support
An equalizer is probably the tool you use most while mixing and mastering, so you need the best of the best. With FabFilter Pro-Q 3, you get the highest possible sound quality and a gorgeous, innovative interface with unrivalled ease of use.
24 band dynamic EQ with Dynamic Range and Threshold controls and an intelligent Auto Threshold mode.
Dynamic EQ bands still feature perfect analog EQ shape matching and also support Linear Phase mode. Surround support (up to 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos), with intelligent per-band speaker selection. Per-band mid/side or left/right processing options. New Brickwall LP/HP filter slope. New Flat Tilt filter shape.
Improved spectrum analyzer with frequency collision indication and the option to show the spectrum of any other Pro-Q 3 instance. Improved Spectrum Grab with labels indicating the most important peaks.
Improved EQ Match, adding the possibility to match with a post spectrum from another Pro-Q 3 instance in your session. Improved EQ band menu (also accessible via the value display), with Make Dynamic, Invert Gain options and more.
Improved Auto Gain with channel weighting and an estimated correction of dynamic gain for a better overall gain adjustment.
Mixing and mastering features
Pro-Q 3 offers everything that a demanding engineer could wish for: top-quality linear phase operation in addition to the zero latency and unique Natural Phase modes, smooth dynamic EQ, per-band mid/side processing, full surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2), an intelligent solo feature, optional Auto Gain and a built-in, fully customizable spectrum analyzer.
Effortlessly sculpt your sound
FabFilter Pro-Q 3 is designed to help you achieve your sound in the quickest way possible. Via the large interactive EQ display, you can create bands where you need them, enable dynamic EQ for any band, and select and edit multiple bands at once.
Unique features like Spectrum Grab, Full Screen mode and EQ Match will speed up your workflow even more.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization and much more.
- Highest possible sound quality
- Up to 24 EQ bands
- NEW - Optional Dynamic EQ mode for all bands (Bell and Shelf shapes), using any slope setting and with perfect analog matching
- IMPROVED - Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease of use and efficiency
- NEW - Ultra-steep 'Brickwall' slope setting for LP and HP filters
- NEW - Full surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2) with intelligent speaker selection
- NEW - External spectrum visualization from any other Pro-Q 3 instance, including collision detection
- NEW - Per-band mid/side or left/right processing, so you can EQ the mid, side, left or right signals separately
- Operates in zero latency mode, linear phase mode with adjustable latency or the unique Natural Phase mode
- NEW - Flat Tilt filter shape, a flat tilting correction curve over the whole audible frequency spectrum
- IMPROVED - Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!
- Different interface sizes and additional Full Screen mode
- IMPROVED - Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf, Flat Tilt
- Universal filter slope support for all filter types, up to 96 dB/oct
- IMPROVED - EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another Pro-Q 3 instance or an external signal
- IMPROVED - Built-in spectrum analyzer with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and external spectrum visualization, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt, freeze and collision detection
- Auto Gain and Gain Scale
- Optional piano roll display to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notes
- Different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing
- Intelligent solo mode makes it easy to find problem frequencies and hear the effect of a band
- Phase Invert option to change polarity
- Large output level meter with peak level readout
- Extreme CPU optimization: Pro-Q 3 uses very little CPU and memory, so you can use hundreds of instances in a session
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- IMPROVED - Supports stereo, mono and surround channel layouts (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2)
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- IMPROVED - MIDI Learn with option to control the currently active band
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit)
Mac OS X
All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit).