Avantone MixCubes Full-Range Mini Reference Monitors - Cream (Pair)
Passive, Shielded, Full-Range Studio Mini reference Monitors in Butter Cream
While originally inspired buy the 5C sound cubes from decades ago, the Avantone MixCubes have become the industry standard in studios around the world and have become the #1 best selling speaker of its type in history.
Avantone’s MixCubes are the industry standard for professional recording studios around the world and have since become the number one best selling speaker, of its kind, of all time. While originally inspired by the 5C sound cubes from years gone by, MixCubes have been customised with newly developed High Definition Audio in mind; to enable its users to listen to their end product and how it will sound when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems like TVs, car stereos, computers and iPod docking stations.
While developing the MixCubes, Avatone realised the significance of changing an esteemed "industry-standard reference monitor". They began by reproducing its fundamental size, capabilities, and sonic character in a way that would deliver a high-resolution, full-range mini reference monitor to be used around the world.
Whilst the majority of studios deploy 2-way and 3-way larger monitors, intended to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels, it is integral to mixing decisions that some credence be paid to listening to reference monitors that will not leave tonal anomalies instigated by crossovers or inferior full range drivers.
These bigger speakers always pay particular attention to the critical mid-range areas associated with vocals, guitar and keyboards. So, the Avantone MixCubes’ voicing is built upon a foundation of ten months of research and development comparative listening and fine-tuning in this sound band, as this is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is honest and informative. When likened to the initial 5C Sound Cubes the result is an exceptionally smooth sounding, full range improvement. The MixCubes have a smooth, more expansive, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining their basic original character – as proven by listening tests.
The Avantone MixCubes Mini Reference Monitors’ recommended power rating 50-200 watts of solid state power or 10-100 watts of tube power. The metal binding posts on the rear of the speaker can accept bare wire, spade lugs, or single or dual banana plugs. It is advisable to use 12 -16 AWG wire for runs longer than 6 feet as well as a high quality studio-grade power amplifier.
- 5.25" Shielded Passive Full range 8 ohm drivers
- 6 1/2" Cube Cabinet with multiple coats of "Retro-Cream" High Gloss lacquer finish
- Precision-milled high-rigidity MDF cabinet sides & baffle for low resonance
- Radiused corners & edges reduce edge diffraction for better imaging
- Custom Cone is crafted using New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for light weight & rigidity
- Cloth surround made in Japan to uniform thickness tolerances
- Top Plate and T-Yoke of driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel
- The 43oz. low distortion motor structure magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC)
- High-Rigidity DIE-CAST Aluminum frame with polished mounting bezel
- Nickel Plated "high-end" binding posts (properly spaced for dual banana plugs) - insulated for CE compliance
- Anodized aluminum milled terminal plate
- 1/4" soft Neoprene Pad is recessed into the cabinet base to serve as a non-skid acoustic isolator
- Standard size (5/8"- 27 threading) female microphone stand mount is built into the cabinet base