Atomos Shogun Ultra 7-inch HDR Monitor-Recorder 8K RAW
Enhanced 7-inch Monitor/Recorder with 8K RAW support
Shogun Ultra is everything you’d expect from a Shogun: perfect for larger HDMI mirrorless and SDI cinematic cameras and with network connectivity built-in. It’s also your gateway to amazingly fast and productive cloud workflows. Shogun Ultra is Peak Shogun. Opening up a host of ultra-efficient cloud workflows, including dual record ProRes RAW/H.265 for Camera to Cloud, automated matching filenames with popular cinematic cameras and 4K H.265 for instant publishing from the cloud. Atomos’ close partnerships with major camera manufacturers ensure that Shogun Ultra works flawlessly with an increasing range of DSLR, mirrorless and cinematic cameras.
Shogun Ultra is a leap forward in filmaking technology that captures your vision in ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P & 4K 120P with full codec flexibility choice between ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD & H.265 (HEVC).
Shogun Ultra has two faces: Local and Cloud. Use it conventionally, and you have an incredible HDR screen, new monitoring tools and both HDMI and 12G SDI. Turn on its wireless and network capabilities, and you have the best-of-breed Wi-Fi, Ethernet and AirGlu wireless sync technology - and you have access to new and productive cloud workflows like camera to cloud and Atomos Edit. You can even edit your project in the cloud and publish directly to social media within minutes of shooting the action.
Shogun Ultra has been built with a new operating system AtomOS 11 that host new and exclusive monitoring and recording features that bring creativity to live in every project, from cinematic to social media. RecordAssist and PlayBackAssist cover pre-arranged or remote shots , while improved false color tools like Arri False Color or EL Zone system fit with today's creators needs. It opens up ultra-efficient cloud workflows, including dual record ProRes RAW/H.265 for Camera to Cloud and 4K H.265 for instant publishing from the cloud, and the SDI Cine feature for automated matching filenames, timecode and record trigger from ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony SDI cameras. Share what’s on your Atomos screen with other Atomos OS11 users, iPads, Macs and Apple TVs wirelessly in the same premises or anywhere in the world with full audio comunication between devices in the included feature Atomos RemoteView*. These new features bring even more versatility to the Shogun Ultra, providing professional I/O options for a multitude of cameras 12G-SDI, AirGlu wireless timecode and control and up to 4K NDI– from entry level mirrorless cameras through to the latest compact cinema and high-end professional cameras. Shogun Ultra supports WiFi 6E that boosts cloud video workflows offering more a stable conection. Atomos’ close partnerships with major camera manufacturers ensure that Shogun Ultra works flawlessly with an increasing range of DSLR, mirrorless and cinematic cameras.
New AtomOS, New Look, New Possibilities
Introducing a new version of our operating system, AtomOS 11. Built for the new Ninja and Shogun, it not only looks amazing, but introduces a host of great new features.
We’ve made the tools more visible and improved the look of the icons so you know exactly what you’re selecting. It’s easier to use, more logical and feels more professional.
Endless features with OS11
The Shogun Ultra offers a huge range of features that can enhance your workflow, including AtomOS Monitor Assist features like Focus Peaking, Zoom, Vectorscopes & Atomos and ARRI False Color, EL Zone System colorized exposure through to Safe Areas, Cine Guides and our AtomHDR processing engine that allows realtime Log>PQ/HLG previewing and more.
Shogun Ultra & ProRes RAW
Over 55 cameras which now support RAW recording over HDMI and SDI on the Shogun and this list is still growing. Apple ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes. It gives filmmakers enormous latitude to adjust look of their images, making it ideal for HDR workflows. The new Apple ProRes RAW plug-in adds camera-specific characteristics to the mix. Record up to 8Kp30, 6Kp60 and 4Kp120 ProRes RAW. Or for Camera to Cloud record up to 4Kp60 ProRes RAW whilst recording a HDp60 H.265 proxy file.
NDI with Shogun Ultra up to 4K
NDI is a way to send video over ordinary networks (including Wi-Fi and Mobile) in high quality but with remarkably low bandwidth requirements. It’s increasingly used in live production, and now your Shogun can take part in an NDI network. The NDI TX option turns your Shogun Ultra into an NDI source, visible to all other NDI compatible devices on the local network. Choose a HD or 4K activation licence.
- 7-inch 2000nit monitor-recorder
- Capture in ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P & 4K 120P
- Flexible codec choice - ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD & H.265 (HEVC) - all for free!
- New AtomOS 11 improves memory management, boosts responsiveness, and unleashes new features
- New monitoring tools to arrange in advance recording and playback with RecordAssist and PlayBackAssist.
- Additional advanced industry leading suite of monitoring tools with one-touch operation like SegmentPro**, EL Zone System, ARRI False color added in combination with other monitoring tools like Vectorscopes, Zebra, Atomos False Color, Onion Skin, etc.
- 12G SDI IN and OUT and HDMI IN and OUT
- Bi-directional HDMI<=>SDI input conversion with simultaneous SDI & HDMI outputs
- Long range ATOMOS AirGlu™ sync technology for wireless timecode via RF and Bluetooth LE
- Connectivity to Atomos Cloud Studio gateway of services
- Dual RAW record for Camera to Cloud workflows - capture up to 4Kp60 ProRes RAW & HDp60 H.265 simultaneously
- SDI Cine new feature for automated matching filenames, timecode and record trigger from ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony SDI cameras
- Publish directly from the cloud with 4K H.265 Camera to Cloud mode
- 1GbE Ethernet for high-speed robust hardwired network connection
- Faster and stronger connectivity with Wi-Fi 6E
- Share what’s on your Atomos screen with other AtomOS11 users, as well as, iPads, Macs and Apple TVs wirelessly in the same premises or anywhere in the world with Atomos RemoteView*.
Construction & Control
Video Signal Conversion
Timecode / Sync
Resolution & Frame Rates Maximum (Record, Monitor & Playback)
On screen tools
Onboard Signal Processing
External Device Control
- Shogun Ultra
- 1 x USB C PD to 2.1mm DC power lead
- Master Caddy III
- 2 x Wi-Fi antennas
- 1 x AirGlu antenna
- Antenna tips
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio sync cable
- QuickStart Guide