Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT55 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The NT55 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RODE's industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Externally biased condenser
- Cardioid or Omni polar pattern using included interchangable capsules
- Gold sputtered 1/2” capsule
- Three position PAD - 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
- Three position High-Pass Filter - flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Available as Certified Matched Pair
- 10 year extended warranty with online registration
Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
Polar Pattern: Cardioid / Omnidirectional - picks up all sides equally
Address Type: End
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Output Impedance: 100Ω
Maximum SPL: 136dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Maximum Output Level: 8.0dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load
Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 15dB-A
Power Options: +48V phantom power
Dimensions: 145.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
Output : XLR Output
Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration here