The story The Little Engine That Could tells of a small locomotive that was able to pull a long train over a mountain because it was willing to work hard and thought it could succeed. Successful bands are a lot like that. So is the FireStudio™ Mobile. This little audio-recording machine is ready, willing, and able to work hard and travel anywhere.
Add stereo S/PDIF digital I/O, and you have the most inputs of any mobile audio interface. You also get balanced line outputs, an ultra-loud headphone output, and MIDI I/O.
If you need more than ten inputs for certain gigs, you can daisy-chain the FireStudio Mobile with a second FireStudio Mobile, or with any interface in the FireStudio family, for up to 52 inputs and outputs.
The FireStudio Mobile may be small, but it uses top-of-the-line components, including XMAX preamps and high-definition, 24-bit, 96 kHz digital converters, with 118 dB of dynamic range. In fact it offers the same signal path as our StudioLive-series mixers!
And with PreSonus’ lauded JetPLL™ jitter-elimination technology, you get the tightest, most reliable digital sync in the industry. As a result, the FireStudio Mobile provides the sonic quality you need to succeed.
The PreSonus FireStudio Mobile - Plenty of Fire Power
Although the FireStudio Mobile comes with an external power supply, it operates perfectly on FireWire bus power. In fact, thanks to an amazing internal switching power supply, it’s the only interface that delivers true 48V phantom power when bus-powered, and it also supplies a full 30V to the preamps, so your mics always sound their best.
All of this hardware is jammed into a 1/3-rackspace box that is built like a locomotive, with a shockproof, reinforced metal chassis; sealed rotary controls; military-grade circuit board; chassis-mounted jacks; and full EMI shielding.
Toss the FireStudio Mobile in your laptop bag and go; it will be ready when you are.
But the story doesn’t end with hardware. The interface’s internal ten-input software mixer/router allows you to create three cue mixes with zero latency. You can set up cue mixes in our Universal Control software or in our amazing Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac® and Windows®, both of which are included for free.
So if you need a tough, versatile, expandable, professional recording interface that can travel far and deliver the goods every time, get the Little Interface That Can: the FireStudio Mobile.
- 8 analog input channels, including mic, line, and instrument inputs
- 2 front-panel combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs with high-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifiers
- 6 balanced ¼” line-level inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output with volume control
- S/PDIF in/out
- MIDI In/Out
- 2 FireWire 400 ports
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -30 dBV to +50 dBV line/-10 to +70 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Main-output level control
- 3-segment, fast-acting LED input metering
- Power/Sync LED (indicates unit is synced to word clock)
- Daisy-chain multiple FireStudio-family products to create a large, custom system
- 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- High-definition A/D/A converters (+118 dBu dynamic range)
- JetPLL™ Jitter Elimination Technology (improved stereo imaging and clarity)
- Zero-latency monitoring via 18x3 DSP matrix mixer/router
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable
- Road-rugged construction with shockproof, reinforced metal chassis, sealed rotary controls, military-grade circuit board, chassis-mounted input/output sockets, and full EMI shielding
- Powered via FireWire bus or included 12 VDC external power supply
- Weighs just 4.5 lbs/2 kg
- Studio One® Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary new digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 6+ GB of third-party resources. With Studio One's Nimbit® extension, you can immediately start selling your music.
- Universal Control control-panel application for Mac OS X and Windows
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the FireStudio Mobile:
Windows and Mac Systems
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.
Instrument Input (¼" TRS, Channels 1 & 2)
Line Inputs (Channels 3-8)