The ISA828 eight-channel microphone preamplifier provides eight original ISA transformer-based preamps in a single robust 2U chassis, offering the Focusrite signature sound at its lowest cost per channel to date. The eight ISA-series transformer-based microphone preamps feature the same classic microphone preamplifier design as the original ISA110 module from Focusrite's critically acclaimed Forté console (including the original Lundahl L1538 transformer and bespoke zobel network).
The preamps are complemented by eight line inputs, eight line outputs and an optional eight channel 192kHz A-D converter boasting a dynamic range of 122dB. Thanks to its convenient 25 pin D-Type connectors, the ISA828 also integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, as well as other popular hard disc recorders and mixing desks.
The microphone input stage additionally includes a variable impedance circuit, allowing the user to switch between four carefully selected input impedance settings. The original ISA110 setting is supplemented by three further impedance settings to either perfectly match the preamp with any microphone, thus maximising level, or to use different settings creatively to shape the sound of the microphone being used.
The four front panel instrument inputs also feature high and low impedance options to provide a comprehensive and accessible DI solution. Insert switches are also featured on every channel, should the need arise to place extra processing between the preamp and converter. Vintage design 75 Hz / 18dB per octave high pass filters are also provided on every channel, ensuring unwanted low frequencies are effectively eliminated.
Finally, every channel features a six LED input meter, complete with global precise meter trim. Metering has been designed to utilise the same reference points as Digidesign’s Pro Tools HD™ system and provides clear and accurate input metering, independent of the DAW.
- Eight ISA series transformer-based preamps: in a single robust 2U chassis, offering the classic Focusrite pre at its lowest cost-per-channel to date
- New optional eight-channel 192kHz A-D converter: Embodies cutting-edge conversion technology, incorporating Focusrite analogue circuitry to deliver the best A-D performance on the market, bar none
- Convenient 25 pin D-type connectors: The ISA828 integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, as well as other popular hard disk recorders and mixing desks
- Switchable impedance: Selectable per channel; choose one of four carefully selected input impedances, including the original ISA110 setting, to suit any microphone
- Direct instrument inputs: Each instrument input features high and low impedance options to provide a comprehensive and accessible DI solution
- Inserting available on every channel: Allows external devices to be inserted between the preamp and the A-D converter, using the 25-pin D-type cable
- High pass filter, phase reverse and phantom power: Each has a dedicated switch, independent on each channel
- Six LED input meter: Complete with precise meter trim - Designed to utilise the same reference points as Avid Pro Tools HD™
Mic Input Response
Line Input Response
Instrument Input Response
High Pass Filter
Dimensions and Weight