Sonnox Oxford Dynamics V3 Plugin
Gate, Expander, Compressor, Limiter & 2-band side-chain EQ
A powerhouse of dynamic control in a single Plug-In that features six independent processes for precision dynamic sculpting of your tracks.
A powerhouse of dynamic control in a single Plug-In that features six independent processes for precision dynamic sculpting of your tracks. From subtle control of a vocal, to a pumping side-chained effect; from lightning-fast gating and precision expansion to peak level limiting of single tracks and buses alike. Sonic clarity at all times - with the option of tube-like harmonic saturation when you need it.
Sonnox - 'We'd love to talk about our use of feed-forward architecture with logarithmic processing, but maybe itâ€™s better to quote some of our users instead':
'˜Musical-sounding and intuitive', ˜Transparent' and 'Versatile'.
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is a direct emulation of the extremely flexible and capable unit used in the OXF-R3 professional mixing console. Resulting from many years research into professional dynamics applications, it offers separate Compressor, Limiter, Expander, Gate and sidechain EQ functions, with fully independent control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compressor functions allow the user to confidently tackle all common uses of compression, from subtle unobtrusive level control and mastering functions to the creation of great artistic
The use of a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic sidechain processing, and the use of look-ahead techniques, ensures exemplary sonic characteristics and dynamic accuracy, with an artistic capability simply unavailable from any other single unit, analogue or digital. This highly sophisticated and professional product has the power and flexibility to obviate the need for many of the separate applications that most users keep for specific tasks. The Oxford Dynamics features include:
- Separately controlled sections for Compressor, Limiter, Gate and Expander, providing an extremely wide range of dynamic control
- Fully featured 2-band sidechain EQ with audition function
- Additional surround format Compressor and Limiter with selectable Sub channel filtering and sidechain gain contribution control
- Selectable linear and exponential time constant curves
- Highly accurate logarithmic sidechain processing
- Fully variable soft ratio function for extreme programme tolerance and highly musical compression operation
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and 'punch'
- Selectable re-dithering function for word length reduction in mastering situations
- Extremely low signal path insertion noise and distortion, below -130dBr
- All functions are fully automatable
- Automatic mono-stereo detection and adaptation as appropriate
- Mono-only versions to allow processing of one side of a stereo track
Dynamic signal level control has grown in complexity and popularity from humble beginnings to an essential part of the sound production process. Originally conceived as a method to automatically correct for performance variation and broadcast transmission limitations, dynamic control has evolved beyond this to engender complete artistic cultures and idioms, resulting from the continuous expansion of the artistic effects provided by such processes. As a result of these trends, many diverse types of compression mechanisms have been developed over the decades aimed at a very wide range of uses and effects.
By providing an unusually wide range of control, along with multiple timing laws and operational subtlety, the Oxford Dynamics section can achieve impeccable results in the widest range of uses, from sensitive almost imperceptible dynamic compression on vocals and programme material to harmonic enhancement of instruments and dramatic artistic audio effects.
The Oxford Range
Oxford Plug-Ins are used in an extraordinary range of live and recorded applications throughout the music, broadcast, film and games sectors. Even scientific and forensics projects have benefitted from the sonic surgery characteristic of an Oxford product.
Rather than releasing a vast number of Plug-Ins Sonnox instead concentrated on doing a few things really well. Staple, everyday tools that any engineer can reach for with confidence, sure in the knowledge that using each one's intuitive GUI will result in quick, confident and great sounding mix decisions.
- Gate, Expander, Compressor, Limiter & 2-band side-chain EQ
- Warmth for extra presence and tube-like saturation
- 3 different compressor types; Normal, Classic and Linear
- Variable soft knee; 0 dBr to 20 dBr in 5 dB steps
- Surround bus compressor & limiter (HD-HDX only)
- Ultra low noise and distortion
- The dynamics section from the acclaimed Sony OXF-R3 console
VST2 / VST3