Sonnet Twin 10G Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adaptor
Dual Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet to Thunderbolt 2 Adaptor
Twin 10G Thunderbolt 2 to Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. The 10Gb Ethernet interface every Mac Pro needs. Cool running with a wake-up on LAN feature, this is a truly professional device.
Lightning Fast 10GBase-T Connectivity Over Thunderbolt
With increasing demands for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth over shared networks, and with specialized applications such as HD video editing using high-performance shared storage systems, the deployment of 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) networking has skyrocketed. This high-speed wired networking standard offers ten times the performance of Gigabit Ethernet, the most common wired network connection included with most computers today, and yet, most computers aren't equipped to get you connected. If you have a computer with a Thunderbolt port (Thunderbolt 2 port required for Windows compatibility), Sonnet has a simple solution—the Twin 10G. This Thunderbolt-certified for Mac® and Windows, 10GBase-T adapter is a powerful and cost-effective way to add 10GbE connectivity to your setup.
The Twin 10G is equipped with two RJ45 and two Thunderbolt 2 ports. Using RJ45 connectors, the Twin 10G is able to connect to 10 Gigabit infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively. Through one of its two Thunderbolt 2 ports, the Twin 10G connects to your computer through an included Thunderbolt cable; the second Thunderbolt port supports daisy chaining up to six devices to a single port on the host computer.
Sleek, Quiet, and Compact
The Twin 10G is a striking example of form following function—this adapter's attractive and rugged aluminium housing is engineered to effectively dissipate heat. Together with a temperature-tuned, ultra-quiet fan to quietly cool the components inside, this design enables the Twin 10G to be used comfortably in noise-sensitive environments. Measuring just 4.9" wide x 6.3" long x 2.7" high, the Twin 10G takes up little space.
Simple Configuration, Advanced Features
The Twin 10G is easy to set up. To keep things simple, you configure its settings through the OS X® Network control panel or Windows Device Manager. When you configure the device, you can also activate its advanced features: link aggregation (teaming) of its two 10GbE ports increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain; transparent failover between 10GbE ports keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails; jumbo packet (jumbo frame) support can increase throughput and reduce CPU utilization; and Wake-on-LAN support enables remotely waking your computer when you need it, and not wasting energy when you don't.
This Sonnet solution is perfect for high-performance computing where low latency, high bandwidth, and low CPU overhead are required. Its increased throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are achieved with stateless offloads, allowing your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place.
New Mac Pro Mate
The Twin 10G incorporates mounting points to support firm attachment to our xMac™ Pro Server and RackMac™ Pro rackmount enclosures for the new Mac Pro. The adapter is secured to the inside of the enclosure, thereby enabling 10GbE connectivity for the Mac Pro via a separate Thunderbolt 2 port for maximum bandwidth without taking up a PCIe slot or requiring extra rack space.
Adds 10GbE Connectivity
- Simple way to add dual RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports to your Thunderbolt 2- or Thunderbolt-enabled computer
- Connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- Maximum performance with computers with 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, works with host computers and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology. Daisy chain up to six devices
Thunderbolt-Certified for Mac and Windows
- One-size-fits-many solution for mixed computer environments
Sleek, Quiet, Compact
- Handsome aluminum housing and ultra-quiet fan effectively cool the components, enabling use in noise-sensitive environments; compact size allows easy placement
- Simple driver installation, configured through OS X Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Adapter can remotely wake computer
Supports Transparent Failover
- Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
Supports Link Aggregation (Teaming)
- Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain
Mac Pro Mate
- Supports mounting in Sonnet's xMac Pro Server and RackMac Pro rackmount solutions for the new Mac Pro
- Twin 10G Thunderbolt 2 Edition Dual-Port 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- 0.5m Thunderbolt cable
- ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord