How does it work? Simply plug in the smaller drive to the Transposer’s mating connector, secure the drive with the provided screws, and then install the Transposer/drive assembly like you would any 3.5" drive. Offering a tailor-made fit, this Sonnet adapter secures the 2.5" drive from the bottom, making Transposer compatible with drives from 7mm to 15mm tall. Standard position mounting holes on Transposer's bottom and sides, equivalent to those found on a 3.5" hard drive, give you the flexibility to mount it anywhere a 3.5" drive is used.
Transposer provides a rigid base to secure your SSD or hard drive. Its specially-engineered open-frame aluminum heatsink design delivers effective heat dissipation, especially important to maintain the long-term reliability of high-performance SSDs and hard drives. Transposer’s fixed mount connectors are attached to a simple circuit board, assuring solid connections betweeen devices, and the outside connector is positioned to plug into a backplane as the tray is inserted. Other advantages of this simple design include great compatibility and undiminished speed—Transposer is compatible with 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s SATA SSDs and hard disk drives. Because no bridge chip is used, Transposer does not cause any loss in data transfer speeds. Transposer takes the guesswork out of securely adapting a 2.5" SSD for use in 3.5" drive tray—it just works!
- Adapts any 2.5" SATA SSD or hard drive for use in any 3.5" drive tray
- Can be used anywhere a 3.5" drive is normally used, including computer drive bays and side or bottom mount drive enclosure trays
- Effectively conducts and convects away heat to help maintain the long-term reliability of high-performance SSDs and hard drives
- Compatible with 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s SATA SSDs and hard disk drives
- No loss in data transfer speeds—no bridge chip used
Drive Tray Compatibility
What's in the box
- Transposer 2.5" SSD to 3.5" drive tray adapter
- Drive mounting screws