Available in two versions, the original Echo ExpressCard Thunderbolt Adapter is suitable for most applications; the Pro version supports ExpressCard 2.0 cards at full bandwidth for the ultimate performance (for example, Sonnet’s newest super-fast Pro eSATA cards yield read/write speeds as high as 375 MB/s.) Both models ingest footage from SxS memory cards at up to 100 MB/s.
Thunderbolt technology is amazing - the speed (up to 10Gb/s) and versatility (supporting high-resolution displays plus high-performance data devices through a single, compact port) make it clear that this is the next generation I/O technology, available today. But what about connecting existing FireWire and eSATA peripherals, as well as high speed memory cards? Sonnet’s Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapters expand Thunderbolt connectivity to support more than just storage systems and monitors. This Sonnet adapter adds an ExpressCard/34 slot to any computer to which it’s connected, enabling you to use a wide variety of ExpressCard/34 cards to add a range of interfaces and capabilities to your system. Plus, it’s the fastest, least expensive SxS memory card reader available!
Imagine adding more FireWire ports or an eSATA interface through a single Thunderbolt adapter. These card adapters allow you to choose your connections and add more to your setup. Because these adapters support hot-swapping, you can select and change the ExpressCard to use as needed - they support most Sonnet ExpressCard/34 cards (with a PCI Express interface), such as our FireWire interfaces, CompactFlash and SDXC card readers, select eSATA controllers, and interface cards for our Qio CF4 and Qio E3 pro media readers. They also support specialty adapters like RME’s HDSPe ExpressCard, plus interface cards for the AJA I/O Express and the Matrox MX02 family. Support for Sony SxS memory cards simply requires the installation of Sony’s latest SxS driver.
- Expands Your Computer's Connectivity and Capabilities. Enables you to use ExpressCard/34 adapters with Thunderbolt technology-equipped computers
- Reads SxS Memory Cards. Ingests footage from SxS memory cards at up to 100 MB/s
- Fast Interface. High-performance 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt technology, 5.0 Gb/s ExpressCard 2.0 (Pro model) or 2.5 Gb/s ExpressCard interface
- Supports Common ExpressCard/34 Adapters. Supports Sonnet Pro CompactFlash and SDXC readers; FireWire, and select eSATA adapters
- Supports Qio Interface Adapters. Enables use of Qio CF4 and Qio E3 pro media readers with Thunderbolt technology-enabled computers
- Supports Specialty ExpressCard/34 Adapters. Supports ExpressCard adapters for specialty devices such as AJA I/O Express and Prism Sound ADA-8XR and Orpheus
Form Factor: Thunderbolt adapter
SxS Compatible: Yes
Bus Interface: PCI Express 2.0 x1
Data Transfer Speeds: Up to 5.0 Gb/s
Supported ExpressCard/34 Adapter Types: PCIe-based with driver support for Thunderbolt Technology
Dimensions (WxDxH): 2.7" x 4.0" x 1.3" (6.7 x 10.0 x 3.4 cm)
RoHS Compliant: Yes
Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter
Note: Thunderbolt cable sold separately
Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter Support
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Mac with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
OS X 10.6.8+
OS X Server 10.6.8+
OS X Yosemite compatible
PC with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
Windows 8, 7
SxS Media Compatibility
Mac and PC compatible