Sonnet Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock without Optical Drive 0TB
15 Port Docking Station including Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, eSATA and FireWire 800 with support for 3 x 2.5" drives or 1 x 3.5" and 1 x 2.5" drives
Connect to Your Peripherals with One Cable. Sonnet's Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock enables you to connect any Mac® with a Thunderbolt port to your peripherals through a single Thunderbolt cable (sold separately), an especially handy ability for notebook users. Simply plug in your printer, keyboard, mouse, cable modem, external hard drive, headphones, speakers, microphone, and iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod®, and other devices to the Echo dock with their supplied cables, and connect your computer to the dock with a Thunderbolt cable. When it's time to disconnect your computer, just unplug the Thunderbolt cable! The Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock gives you plenty of interfaces to choose from, including USB 3.0, eSATA, FireWire® 800, Gigabit Ethernet, 3.5 mm audio input, 3.5 mm audio output, and Thunderbolt.
Rugged Aluminum Design, Multiple Ports
Sonnet designed the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock for maximum flexibility in use. The rugged aluminum case may be set horizontally, or vertically to save space on the desktop. For your convenience, USB 3.0, audio input, and audio output ports are placed on both the front and back of the enclosure, so you can leave frequently used devices connected to the back, and connect devices you disconnect more often to the front. The headphone jack on the front supports a mini TOSLINK optical digital audio cable, enabling you to pass stereo audio out to your A/V system. Dual Thunderbolt ports enable the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock to support daisy chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals, and to be placed anywhere in a Thunderbolt device chain. You can even connect a Thunderbolt display, or other monitor type with an appropriate adapter, so you're not limited to a single type of display interface. Depending on the display, you could even place it on top of the Echo dock.
iDevice Charging Hub
With its four USB 3.0 ports, the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock will be the hub for your handheld iDevices, too. Each port can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even when your computer is disconnected, off, or sleeping.
Advanced USB 3.0 Feature Support
The Echo dock's USB 3.0 ports support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) and Wake On Demand (Wake On USB 3.0). UASP support ensures that UASP-enabled external drives connected to the dock achieve their maximum data transfer rate potential, with performance improved by up to 20% above the drive connected to a USB host without UASP support. Wake on demand support allows devices such as a keyboard connected to the Echo dock's USB 3.0 ports to wake your computer.
Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock Time Machine Backup
Add an Internal Drive for the Perfect Time Machine Backup Companion.
The Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock supports the installation of a 3.5" hard drive or 2.5" 6 Gb/s SSD, providing you an ideal solution for adding storage capacity to use as your Mac computer's Time Machine drive, or to back up your Mac's drive, without having to connect another external drive and its power brick.
Connect a Display
The Thunderbolt port on your computer is essentially a Mini DisplayPort video connection that adds high speed PCIe for data. This means that there is a broad range of inexpensive adapters (sold separately) that can bridge between Mini DisplayPort and common display interface types.
Display interface types that can be connected to your Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock via Thunderbolt include:
• Thunderbolt Display – Direct Connect
• Mini DisplayPort – Direct Connect
• HDMI – Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
• Dual-Link DVI – Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
• DVI – Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
• VGA – Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Storage Space for a Time Machine (Drive) or High-Performance SSD
Sonnet designed the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock with extra space, mounting hardware, and connectors for you to install either 3 x 2.5 inch drives OR 1 x 2.5" and 1 x 3.5" drives.
- Connects Your Peripherals with One Cable—Connect your peripherals to the Echo dock; connect your computer to and disconnect it from the dock using one Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Provides Multiple Interfaces and Thunderbolt 2 Compatibility—Thunderbolt 2 (backward compatible with Thunderbolt 10Gbs), USB 3.0, SATA and eSATA, FireWire 800, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio
- Supports Internal Hard Drive or SSD Installation—Install three 2.5" hard drives or one 2.5" and one 3.5" hard drives inside the dock
- Flexible Design—Front and rear USB 3.0 and audio ports, plus the ability to be placed horizontally or vertically, provide the dock great flexibility in use
- iDevice Charger—USB 3.0 ports can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even while the computer is disconnected, off, or sleeping; one port supports optimized quick charging
- Wide Range of Display Connection Options—Select from a variety of inexpensive Mini DisplayPort to popular display interfaces such as HDMI, DVI, VGA and Dual-Link DVI
- Compatible with Every Thunderbolt Mac—Supports any Mac with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.8.5+
External SATA (eSATA):
Front Panel Indicators
- Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- One power cord
- User's guide