Roland R-88 8-Channel Recorder & Mixer
All-in-one Recorder, Mixer & Audio Interface includes Carrying Bag
The Roland R-88 establishes a new standard in professional portable recording by providing seamless integration of a recorder, mixer and a multi-channel audio interface. With eight discrete channels of audio recording plus a stereo mix, the R-88 is ideal for demanding multi-channel applications such as location sound design, event production, event videography, and live musical performance.
The Roland R-88 delivers all the features necessitated by field sound professionals including a solid state sound recorder, full on-board mixer, a choice of timecode modes and slate tone/mic for memos in a single, simple piece of equipment. No longer do location sound recordists need tolerate the heavy weight and expense of a separate recorder and mixer set-up.
The stereo mix output on the R-88 is ideally suited to location sound recording applications, allowing for a stereo mix back to the camera to record reference audio or offer a stereo monitor output while concurrently recording individual tracks. With eight discrete outputs it’s also possible to embed audio tracks into an SDI video feed using a multi-channel SDI audio embedder.
The R-88's integrated mixer is equipped with a 3-band EQ allowing a premium stereo mix to be monitored and/or recorded simultaneously along with each discrete audio track. The touch screen display makes device setup and control quick and intuitive. Additionally, it’s also an option to lock the display and front controls, preventing any potential accidental commands being received.
Other than the obvious field applications, the R-88 is ideal for post-production environments thanks to its 10 input/eight output USB audio interface for multi-channel recording. The eight output ports are particularly valuable for surround projects. The interface function can also provide a backup record mechanism, recording all tracks to a DAW of your choice.
- Simultaneous recording of 8 channels + stereo mix (up to 96kHz)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz uncompressed linear PCM recording (up to 4 channels)
- 3 hours of recording time using 32GB SDHC card (24bit/96kHz, 10ch)
- 8 XLR inputs, 8 XLR outputs, AES/EBU input/output
- Built-in 8 channel mixer with 3-band EQ and MS microphone decoder
- Built-in 10in/8out USB audio interface to use with any common DAW
- Touch Panel Display for intuitive navigation
- SMPTE time code in/out for video sync
- BWF and iXML embedded metadata
- Supported power types – AA batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH battery, AC power, and 4-pin XLR external battery types.
Audio Input / Output Part
*When sampling rate is 192kHz, the USB audio interface is inactive.
* These recording times are approximate. Actual results may vary somewhat.
* If more than one recorded file exists, the total recordable time will be less.
Size and Weight
- Roland R-88
- Owner's Manual
- AC Adaptor (PSB-1U)
- AC Adaptor - 4pin XLR type connector conversion cable
- CB-R88 Carrying Bag