Rode Rodecaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Console
All-in-one studio console for professional podcast production
The RODECaster Pro is a revolutionary all-in-one studio console that brings a new level of simplicity and professionalism to podcast production.
The RODECaster Pro is a revolutionary all-in-one studio console that brings a new level of simplicity and professionalism to podcast production. Whether you are just starting out, or are a seasoned broadcast professional, the RODECaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Console is the only solution you need. Why? Because the RODECaster Pro combines a unique set of features designed specifically for podcasting. These include:
- 4 x XLR microphone inputs
- 8 programmable sound pads for jingles and FX
- instant mix-minus for phone or app calls
- TRRS cable, USB and Bluetooth connectivity
- APHEX processing and Class A circuitry for professional voice warmth and tone
- record easily onto a microSD card or your preferred computer software.
No other console contains all these features. This is incredible technology and simplicity in one package. The RODECaster Pro is the only true answer to this question: How do I create a professional sounding podcast, easily? Here's a closer look at the features.
4 XLR Microphone Inputs
With 4 high-quality XLR mic inputs, each with 48V phantom power, you can quickly connect mics for you and your guests. With automatic level setting and one-touch recording to the on-board microSD card, you can literally be recording your first podcasts within minutes of taking the RODECaster Pro out of the box. On-board presets for a variety of microphones delivers perfect sound with a single touch.
8 Sound pads for Jingles and FX
The RODECaster Pro comes with 8 sound pads, for instant triggering of effects, music, jingles, applause and ads. Perfect for giving your podcast a polished feel. You can record audio direct to the pads from any of the audio inputs, or simply drag and drop files from your computer using the supplied software. You can even select the colour you want for the pad illumination.
Echo-free phone calls
Have a remote guest you want to interview? Simply connect your phone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth or with a TRRS cable. The RODECaster Pro automatically provides a mix-minus to prevent echo, allowing you to concentrate on making a great podcast, secure in the knowledge that your audio is crystal clear, without needing to set up complex signal routing or cables.
Bluetooth, USB, TRRS Connectivity
As well as providing echo-free, crystal clear phone call audio, the Bluetooth, TRRS cable and USB connections can be used to roll pre-recorded interviews, play music or any kind of audio you like. Each channel comes with intuitive presets to optimise the sound whether the source is music, speech or phone calls.
Servo-biased Class-A circuitry
The RODECaster Pro's pristine mic preamps and outputs feature Class-A circuitry, as found on the world's best broadcast consoles. The Class-A preamps provide a much cleaner gain structure with lower levels of distortion, providing an incredibly clean, low-noise signal. The Preamps are also servo biased, keeping distortion levels low and your signal broadcast-pure.
APHEX for Warmth and Tone
That pristine signal can then be shaped with Aphex audio processing. The legendary APHEX Big Bottom and Aural Exciter processors, as found in the world's top broadcast studios, are included in the RODECaster Pro - giving your voice the presence and depth you deserve. You can even add APHEX magic to the music or speech audio from your Bluetooth, USB or TRRS connections.
Intuitive Presets and User Experience
The RODECaster Pro's touchscreen controls are simple to navigate and use, with clever presets for the type of microphone you are using, the kind of voice you have (deep, medium or high / soft medium or strong) and whether you want to use the inbuilt smart effects to give your voice and those of your guests a tailored, rich delivery. These include:
- APHEX Big Bottom and Aural Exciter - instant professional tone, depth and warmth.
- Compression and noise-gate, to add depth, tone and consistency.
- High-pass filter, to eliminate low-end rumble.
- De-esser, to lessen sibilance on 's' words.
- Ducking, a feature used in professional broadcast stations where the volume of the host-channel (channel one) will automatically override the volume of the other channels. Perfect for keeping rowdy guests on topic!
- Auto setup, to set the level of you and your guests.
4 Discrete Headphone Outputs and Speaker Outs
The RODECaster Pro comes equipped with 4 high-powered headphone outputs using discrete circuitry for clarity and presence, each with its own volume level. A switchable headphone limiter ensures no deafening spikes. Left and right TRS speaker outputs provide quality playback listening, or can feed a PA for an audience if podcasting live.
Record to microSD card or DAW
The RODECaster Pro operates as a standalone unit out of the box, recording direct to microSD card - so you can be up and running in minutes. You can also connect the RODECaster Pro to your computer via USB, as the RÃ˜DECaster Pro is a class-compliant USB audio interface. This means you can also record your podcast to your favourite DAW or recording software.
- Easy-to-use integrated podcast production console
- 8 faders to control audio levels
- 4 high-quality XLR mic inputs
- Instant jingle playback via programmable pads (with companion app)
- Echo Free Phone connectivity via either TRRS or Bluetooth with automatic mix-minus
- Aphex Big Bottom and Aural Exciter processing onboard
- Record direct to microSD card or computer via USB
- Condenser microphone (TX-M2)
- Desktop Receiver (RX-DESK)
- LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- ZP2 Padded Zip Pouch (large)
- Micro USB cable
- DC Power Pack
- Mic Clip