Pultec MEQ-500 Jack Douglas Edition
500 Series Mid-range EQ Designed for Jack Douglas
500 series adaptation of the MEQ-5-SS solid-state midrange Pultec EQ designed with the input of legendary engineer Jack Douglas.
The Pultec MEQ-500 Jack Douglas Edition is a 500 series adaptation of the MEQ-5-SS solid-state midrange Pultec EQ designed with the input of legendary engineer Jack Douglas.
The Pultec MEQ-500 uses an API 2520 Op-amp instead of valves providing a more transparent sound than its valve counterpart while retaining the smoothness and depth of a Pultec.
With Jack Douglas’ input, Pultec has made a few changes to the original design by adding 1.2kcs and 1.5kcs frequency points in the low mid band as well as 1.2k and 8k to the high-mid band as well as some minor Q tweaks. These changes bring weight, presence and air effortlessly.
- 500 Series adaptation of the MEQ-5-SS designed in collaboration with Jack Douglas
- Single-channel, 3-band midrange equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- API 2520 op-amp for makeup gain is a distinct sonic alternative than the tube-based version
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Fantastic EQ for guitars, vocals, woodwinds, and other midrange-rich material
- Separate boost and cut bands provide surprising creative potential