If you’re like many recording musicians, your studio relies on software effects and a few hardware devices. You need a versatile recording interface with great sound and enough analog inputs and outputs to mic a large drum kit or a small band. We have two words for you: FireStudio Project.
The FireStudio Project’s front panel features six mic/line inputs and two mic/instrument inputs, each with high-headroom, sweet-sounding XMAX™ Class A solid-state preamps. That’s easily enough for a small project studio. The two mic/instrument channels even have insert loops so you can add outboard effects.
The FireStudio Project's rear panel sports eight General Purpose outputs and a pair of left/right Main outputs. all on balanced, ¼-inch TRS jacks. The audio source for the Main outputs is the same as that of General Purpose outputs 1 and 2 (DAW Playback 1 and 2, by default). The difference is that the output level of the Main outputs is controlled by the FireStudio Project's front-panel Main volume knob.
Need digital I/O? No problem: FireStudio Project includes stereo S/PDIF. We’ve also included MIDI In and Out. In short, you get all of the connectivity you are likely to need.
Still, as you develop your recording rig, your I/O needs may grow. No problem: you can daisy-chain the FireStudio Project with a second FireStudio Project, or with any interface in the FireStudio family, for up to 52 inputs and outputs. With FireStudio-series interfaces, your rig can expand to match your growing needs.
Clear, Clean, and Complete
At PreSonus, delivering great sound is our primary focus. In addition to XMAX preamps, the FireStudio Project features high-definition, 24-bit digital converters that sample at up to 96 kHz and provide 114 dB dynamic range.
And with PreSonus’ lauded JetPLL™ jitter-elimination technology, you get the tightest, most reliable digital sync in the industry. Translated into plain English, you can rely on clear, clean audio with great imaging.
The FireStudio Project features an internal 18-input software mixer/router that allows you to set up to 5 cue mixes with zero latency. You can set up cue mixes in the included Universal Control control-panel software or in our amazing Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac® and Windows®, which comes bundled free with all of our interfaces.
Combined with a FireStudio Project interface and your computer, Studio One Artist gives you virtually everything you need to record and mix a project.
Whether your focus is on studio recording, live-sound recording, podcasting, sound design, or all of the above, the FireStudio Project is your complete solution.
- 8 dual-purpose front-panel channel inputs, each with high-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifiers
- 6 combo XLR/¼” mic/line inputs
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs (carry the same signal as general-purpose outs 1 and 2)
- 8 general-purpose balanced ¼” line outputs
- 1 ¼” stereo headphone output with volume control
- 2 balanced ¼” line-level insert sends (for channels 1 and 2)
- 2 balanced ¼” line-level insert returns (for channels 1 and 2)
- S/PDIF in/out (coaxial)
- MIDI In/Out
- 2 FireWire 400 ports
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -16 to +16 dBV line / -4 to +50 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- 3-segment, fast-acting LED input metering on all analog channels
- Main-output level control
- Power/Sync LED (indicates unit is synced to word clock)
Daisy-chain multiple FireStudios or other FireStudio-family products to create a large, custom system
- 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- High-definition A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- JetPLL Jitter Elimination Technology (improved stereo imaging and clarity)
- Zero-latency monitoring via 18x10 DSP matrix mixer/router
- Mac- and Windows-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1U 19” rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- Internal power supply with standard IEC power cord
- Studio One Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary new digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 6+ GB of third-party resources. With Studio One's Nimbit® extension, you can immediately start selling your music.
- Universal Control control-panel application for Mac OS X and Windows
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the FireStudio Project:
Windows and Mac Systems
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.
Known compatible and incompatible hardware
Instrument Input (Channels 1 and 2 only)
Line Outputs (Preamp, General Purpose, and Main Outputs)