Neyrinck SoundCode For Dolby Digital 2 Plugin
Dolby Digital Encode and Decode for Pro Tools
The SoundCode For Dolby Digital plug-in suite provides mastering-quality workflow tools that enable you to preview, encode, and decode Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio directly within Pro Tools software, without the need for dedicated Dolby hardware.
Whether you are mixing in surround for television, delivering surround audio for DVD video, decoding audio from a DVD video within Pro Tools, or creating a DVD reference disk, SoundCode provides a range of powerful features to help you accomplish your goals, all within the industry-standard Pro Tools environment.
Dobly Digital Encode
The encoder is implemented as an AudioSuite plug-in. Open the plug-in window by selecting it from the AudioSuite menu in Pro Tools. The plug-in is located in the Sound Field category.
The user interface is divided into two sections. The ENCODE section controls the metadata and preprocessing settings used by the encoder. These settings can be saved as presets using the Pro Tools plug-in preset features. The OUTPUT section controls how and where the encoded data will be written.
These control settings cannot be saved as presets. Instead, these control settings are persistent and are saved in a preferences file that is read when the plug-in window is opened. When the window is closed, the current settings are saved to the preferences file.
The preferences file is associated with the currently logged in user of the computer. Each user account has a separate preferences file.
SoundCode for Dolby Digital 2 Decode
The decoder plug-in operates as a real time AAX Native 32/64 plug-in or as a non-real time AudioSuite plugin. The plug-in types are located in the Sound Field category of Pro Tools lists of plug-ins.
Open the AudioSuite plug-in window by selecting it from the AudioSuite menu in Pro Tools and includes these real time types: stereo to-mono, stereo-to stereo, and stereo-to-5.1. Open them by clicking a Pro Tools channel insert and navigating the multchannel popup menu.
Open them by clicking a Pro Tools channel insert and navigating the plug-in multchannel popup menu. The plug-in is not available in the multi-mono list.
SoundCode For Dolby Digital 2
Dolby Digital Preview
- Realtime preview monitoring a 5.1 encoded/decoded mix
- Reproduces the consumer set-top box / home theater / streaming / disc experience
- Adjustable AC3 metadata and AC3 decoding features
- Realtime metering shows exactly what the dynamic range processing is doing
- AAX Native 32/64 plug-in
Dolby Digital Encode
- Fast – Faster-than-real-time AudioSuite encoding
- Punch In/Out – Save time when re-encoding with Punch In/Out
- Timecode – Outputs timecode file formats at all frame rates
- BSI Extensions – Surround EX flag lets you work with Dolby Surround EX encoded audio
- Pro Tools LE/M-Powered: Use Pro Tools LE/M-Powered to implement low-cost encoding workstations
- Latency Compensation: Surround phase shift latency compensation for sample accurate sync
- Integrated Help: Forgot what dialnorm is? Click on the text label beneath the control and a text box pops up with information
Dolby Digital Decode
- Import – Import AC3 bitstream into timeline
- Synchronization – Decode synchronized to Pro Tools timeline and video
- Simulate Decoders: Decoding and dynamic range compression modes to simulate laptop computer and hi-fi decodersn
- Simulate Environments: Downmix and Listening modes to simulate consumer listening environments
- DRC Metering: See how much dynamic range compression has been encoded
- Bitstream Out: Pass bitstream out to use an external consumer decoder
- Metadata – Extensive metadata display
- Meters – Output level metering
- Live Decode:Decode live bitstream input from external DVD player
Licensing & System Requirements
- iLok license required
- 14-day full trial available
- Trial license requires internet connection and an iLok
- Pro Tools 10.3.7 and later
- Mac OSX or Windows