SoundCode Exchange MXF is a set of software tools that provides MXF file workflows for Pro Tools and Quicktime Player. It provides HD and SD MXF video playback in a Pro Tools video track and in Quicktime Player. It also features simple audio import from MXF OP1a files, in addition to audio layback to MXF OP1a files.
SoundCode Exchange MXF Import provides the import features at a low cost with the option to upgrade to the full system later on.
MXF Import for Pro Tools
- SoundCode Exchange MXF makes import as simple as importing a Quicktime movie.
- SoundCode Exchange MXF includes a simple utility app called MXFToProTools. Just open the MXF file in MXFToProTools and click OK to create a tiny Quicktime reference movie.
- Then drag the Quicktime reference movie into Pro Tools and Pro Tools will present the Quicktime import dialog. Within seconds you will have a video track that is playing your HD or SD MXF video. And you can optionally copy and import the audio from the MXF file into the Pro Tools session.
- SoundCode Exchange MXF supports a wide variety of MXF formats and video codecs giving you compatibility with MXF files commonly used in television broadcast.
QuickTime Player Support
- SoundCode Exchange MXF lets you play back MXF files directly in Quicktime Player.
- Just double-click an MXF file and Quicktime Player can directly open the MXF file for playback, export, and examining movie properties.
MXF File Formats And Codecs
- SoundCode Exchange MXF and SoundCode Exchange MXF Import support a wide variety file formats and video codecs.
- OP1a and OP-Atom files are supported for video import and playback. OP1a files are supported for audio import and playback.
- OP1a files are supported for audio layback from Pro Tools. D10, DV, DNxHD, AVC-Intra, and XDCAM formats are supported.
- Quicktime 7 provides built-in video codec support for DV. Third-party video codecs are supported for a wide variety of industry standards.