Neumann KM D (48 kHz) Digital Output Stage (Nickel)
Miniature Digital Modular Microphone
Pure Neumann sound in the digital domain, for use with AES/EBU, AES 42 or S/PDIF. The signal is converted directly at the capsule. Difficult questions concerning the optimal preamp and A/D converter for a Neumann mic are thus a thing of the past.
The Neumann KM D Miniature Microphone System
The modular KM D miniature microphone system is a further development of the successful KM 100 series. The newly developed passive capsule design is available with 8 different directional characteristics, and can be combined modularly as desired with a digital (KM D) output stage in accordance with the AES 42 standard. The new, considerably smaller microphone capsules and an extensive program of accessories permit excellent adaptation of the microphone system to a wide range of applications.
Through the use of the most up-to-date electronic components the system offers many electroacoustic and operational advantages, such as lower self-noise, a wider dynamic range and very high immunity to electromagnetic interference. The acoustics of the capsules were taken from the proven KM 100 system.
KM D Output Stage
The KM D digital output stage converts the signal from the capsule directly into a digital signal. The result is an AES/EBU signal with 24 bits and a large dynamic range. The integrated digital signal processor (DSP) permits remote control of the microphones, including the digital gain, pre-attenuation (6 dB, 12 dB or 18 dB) and low-cut filter (0 Hz, 40 Hz, 80 Hz or 160 Hz). An integrated peak limiter and compressor/limiter with additional de-esser function prevents any overloading of the audio signal.
The dimensions (diameter 22 mm, length 93 mm) of the analog and digital output stages are identical. As a result, all accessories can be used in combination with both output stages.
The modular solution permits the microphone capsule to be separated from the output stage by a distance of up to 100 m. The LC 4 microphone cable with a length of 5 or 10 meters is available as a standard solution. Alternatively, capsule extensions of different lengths, swivel joints and stand mounts, etc., can be used for a flexible system setup.
- Miniature microphones with 8 exchangeable capsules, compatible with the analog miniature microphone system KM A
- Extensive accessories
- TRUE NEUMANN SOUND: The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm.
- Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL: The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- TRUE CONVERSION: The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available.
- TRUE HANDLING SAFETY: Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- TRUE TIME SAVINGS: Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- TRUE ECONOMY: Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
- Output Stage KM D
- Windscreen WNS 100
- Stand mount swivel SG 21 bk
- Wooden box