mTape is an external LTO-6 tape drive providing connectivity to Mac and PC workstations over Thunderbolt. Featuring two 10Gb Thunderbolt ports, mTape supports daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt peripherals to a single host. In additional mTape features a 4-port 6Gb SAS expansion connector enabling additional tape drives or SAS devices to be connected to workstations or laptops over the same Thunderbolt connection.
LTO-6 allows for data transfer rates of up to 160MB/sec to media cartridges holding up to 2.5TB per tape, or up to 6.25TB through compression*. The Linear Tape File Systems (LTFS) is fully supported by mTape, enabling users to treat LTO media like traditional storage mediums such as hard disk drives with drag and drop backup, archive and restore functionality. For users of professional backup and archive software applications, mTape is compatible with most leading packages.
mTape revolutionises LTO, empowering users with the ability to easily connect LTO technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. The inclusion of DC powering enables users to integrate mTape in to any environment be it an office, studio, film set or even a jungle!
- World's first LTO with Thunderbolt connectivity
- Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- External SAS port provides expansion for additional tape drives or other SAS devices
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered - Enables use in any environment
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port
mTape revolutionises LTO, empowering users to easily connect LTO technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mTape supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
Backup. Archive. Works with your favorite software
mTape is compatible with industry leading software including:
- Archiware - (PresSTORE)
- Imagine Products - (PreRoll Post)
- Retrospect, Inc. (Retrospect)
- StorageDNA - (DNA Evolution)
- Tolis - (BRU)
- XenData - (XenData 6 Workstation)
Innovative Design. Solid engineering.
mTape features a small form-factor design ideal for mobile applications. And mBack is DC powered enabling the unit to be used in any environment.