The Metabones Nikon G to MFT mount Speed Booster adapter caused massive waves in the professional video production world as they not only help to mount non native lenses to your camera body, they also increase the width of the image by 0.58x and gives you an extra stop of light! This reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC from 2.88x to 1.75x, and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74. It achieves this by adding a precision, high quality optical element between your lens and camera body that's housed in the body of the Speed Booster.
The Metabones Nikon G to MFT mount Speed Booster features a click-less manual aperture ring - a must-have for cinematographers using Nikon Lenses
The Nikon G to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster is a passive mount, giving you manual control over the aperture by the use of a click-less, variable aperture control with clearly laid out f-stop markers cover an 8-stop range. Nikon-G/F to Micro-4/3 mount Speed Booster adapters designed exclusively for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC). Note that this new 0.58x Speed Boosters will only attach to BMPCC equipped with a Micro-4/3 mount. They cannot be attached to standard Micro 4/3 cameras.
- Industry's best aperture ring covers a 8-stop range, clearly indicating actual number of f-stops. No more guesswork!
- Compatible to both Nikkor G lens & F lens (include non-AI & AI lens mounts)
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 2/3stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.74)
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.58x wider
- Click-less manual G aperture ring
- Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending)
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads
Tips: Before mounting your lens to the adaptor, please make sure that the f-stop of aperture ring on the adaptor is turned to "7" (i.e. mounting your lens to the adaptor while only the aperture ring in the adaptor is full closed.).
This mount is manual aperture control. It does NOT support electronic aperture control.
List of incompatible lenses
Nikkor 2.1cm f4 20/2.8 AI-S