The Metabones Nikon G to MFT mount Speed Booster adapter caused massive waves in the professional video production world as they not only help to mount non native lenses to your camera body, they also increase the width of the image but also gives you an extra stop of light! Teduces the full-frame crop factor of the BMCC from 2.39x to 1.53x, thus effectively transforming it into a Super-35 format cine camera. In addition, the speed of any attached lens is increased by 11/3 stops, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80.. It achieves this by adding a precision, high quality optical element between your lens and camera body that's housed in the body of the Speed Booster.
The Metabones Nikon G to MFT mount Speed Booster transforms your Blackmagic Cinema Camera into a Super-35 format Cinema Camera!
The Nikon G to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster is a passive mount, giving you manual control over the aperture by the use of a click-less, variable aperture control with clearly laid out f-stop markers cover an 8-stop range. Nikon-G/F to Micro-4/3 mount Speed Booster adapters designed exclusively for the Blackmagic 2.5k Cinema Camera (BMCC). Note that the new Speed Boosters will only attach to Blackmagic cameras equipped with a Micro-4/3 mount. They cannot be attached to standard Micro 4/3 cameras.
- Industry's best aperture ring covers a 8-stop range, clearly indicating actual number of f-stops. No more guesswork!
- Compatible to both Nikkor G lens & F lens (include non-AI & AI lens mounts)
- Increase maximum aperture by 11/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80)
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.64x wider
- Click-less manual G aperture ring
- Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending)
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads
Tips: Before mounting your lens to the adaptor, please make sure that the f-stop of aperture ring on the adaptor is turned to "7" (i.e. mounting your lens to the adaptor while only the aperture ring in the adaptor is full closed)
This mount is manual aperture control. It does NOT support electronic aperture control.
List of incompatible lenses
Nikkor 2.1cm f4 20/2.8 AI-S