The Metabones T Speed Booster XL 0.64x MFT adaptor for Canon EF mount lenses has been designed specifically for Panasonic GH4 users who want to do more than simply adapt non-native lenses to their camera body. Built with the DSLR cinematographer in mind, the Speed Booster XL effectively turns your MFT sensor into a Super 35 cine format, meaning greater integration with other cinema cameras, or a familiar format for those already used to shooting creative pictures.
The Metabones Speed Booster XL features a magnification of 0.64x which equates to a crop factor of 1.50x in 4K mode and 1.28x in 1080p. The 1.50x crop is equivalent to the APS-H and Super-35 format. The Speed Booster XL uses an advanced 6-element optical design to achieve incredible optical performance giving you 1 1/3 stops of extra light sensitivity at apertures up to an f/0.80, the maximum possible for the MFT format sensors! the turns the GH4 into an feasible low light camera when used with a prime f/1.2 lens.
As the Metabones Speed Booster XL is an active adapter, you are able to control the lens aperture front the on camera controls and image stabilisation will still function. It was designed from the ground up to accommodate the GH4 sensor filter stack. This means their are further advantages to using the Speed Booster over any standard, glass-less MFT adaptor, including better optical performance in sharpness and contrast.
The Metabones Speed Booster XL effectively turns your GH4 into a Super 35 Cine Camera
While the Panasonic GH4 was already making waves in the DSLR cinematography community, the Metabones Speed Booster XL builds on that reputation by bringing the camera in line with familiar formats. Super-35 is a standard for creative films and television and means the GH4 could seamlessly integrate as B-Camera or as a main production camera in its own right. To get the relative field of view, all you have to do is simply multiply by the crop factor. In 4K mode, the crop factor is 1.50x making a 50mm lens into a 75mm lens, perfect for head shot close ups. Couple with a set of prime lenses, the Metabones Speed Booster XL is an indispensable tool for the panasonic GH4 cinematographer.
Watch this space for an upcoming review on the Metabones Speed Booster XL
- Increase maximum aperture by 11/3 stop
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.64x wider
- Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
- Supports 4k video mode with DX lenses.
- Auto focus on Panasonic Micro Four Thirds cameras
- Can be powered either by camera body or by third-party external 5V power source (not included)
- Iris/aperture controlled by the camera body.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- Distance and zoom display on camcorders (requires lenses supporting distance information)
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- The interior is painted with flocking coating to further reduce the internal reflection.
Please check lens Compatability at Metabones