Panasonic Lumix GH5S Review
Panasonic Lumix GH5S – A videomaker’s new best friend?
Since its release in early 2018, the Panasonic GH5S has recieved high praise from creative video professionals around the world for its incredible low light performance, 10 bit 4K Colour 4:2:2 at 60/50/24 fps and improved dynamic range. When the GH4 was launched it opened the door for many people to gain access to an affordable 4K video camera and it quickly became the de-facto standard for videographers looking to step into the 4K world and seasoned pro’s alike. Panasonic built on this reputation with the release of the GH5 and now have fully focused the GH5S to essentially be a videomaker’s mirrorless camera at an affordable price.
OD takes us through the new GH5S and highlights the new features and improvements over its predecessors GH4 and GH5.
See his thoughts below:
Panasonic Lumix GH5S key Features:
- Best lowlight performance from a Lumix GH series camera (ISO 80 to 204,800)
- Incredible dynamic Range – +2 Stops
- V-Log Included
- LUT preview and storing
- 10 bit 4K Colour 4:2:2 at 60/50/24 fps
- Dual Card Slots
- In-camera Crop Lines (2.35,2.39 etc)
- Backward Battery compatibility with the GH5,GH4 cameras
- Time Code Master and Slave Options
- Save and Recall Presets User Presets
- Wider Crop than GH5