Blackmagic Design announces Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.1
This software package allows you to update your Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K to the latest software release for new features, bug fixes and other enhancements.
Blackmagic Camera 6.1 update is available now as a free download from the Blackmagic Design website.
This software update adds pixel remapping and 2:1 monitoring frame guides to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, along with improvements to the media formatting interface, better audio monitoring and cleaner recording from the internal microphones, faster auto focus, improved battery life and more.
The new Blackmagic Cameras 6.1 significantly improves audio recording when using the built in microphones on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. The new processing now analyses incoming audio from the dual microphones on each side of the camera to dramatically lower the noise floor, resulting in quieter recordings than possible before. In addition, latency has been reduced for audio monitoring, audio and video synchronization has been fine tuned, and the 3.5mm audio input selection interface is now more intuitive, making it faster to use.
Blackmagic Cameras 6.1 also improves auto focus performance. Auto focus now responds quicker and more accurately so that lens hunting is greatly reduced when the camera is locking on to the focal point. There’s also a new media formatting interface that helps prevents you from accidentally formatting media cards. Once the camera is updated, you will need to tap and hold the media format confirmation button for 3 seconds before a card will be erased and reformatted.
This update also includes a new in-camera calibration feature which allows customers to recalibrate pixels in the camera. Over time some pixels can change in brightness and create small variations across the sensor. The new pixel calibration feature allows the camera to realign the light output of each pixel resulting in a smooth clean image under changing environmental conditions. Blackmagic Camera 6.1 update also features 2:1 monitoring frame guides, which is another creative composition tool for filmmakers to frame shots. In addition, new power savings and efficiency enhancements improve battery runtime by 10-15% and gives you a more accurate indication of remaining battery power
Welcome to the Blackmagic Camera Setup!
This software package allows you to update your Blackmagic Camera to the latest software release for new features, bug fixes and other enhancements.
The software installer no longer installs the Desktop Video or UltraScope applications and they will need to be downloaded separately from the Blackmagic Design website: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
To use UltraScope via Thunderbolt with Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Production Camera 4K, download and install the Blackmagic UltraScope software. If you want to use Media Express with the supported cameras, download and install the Blackmagic Desktop Video software.
Please ensure that your device is plugged into mains power before running the software update. To update Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter you will need to ensure that the unit is powered from the camera using the URSA 12V power supply rather than SMPTE fiber during the update.
For updating URSA Mini or URSA Broadcast from Camera 4.0 or above it is advisable to export your presets and LUT’s onto a card as they will be removed during this update.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.1
What’s new for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- Added support for pixel remapping in camera.
- Added 2:1 monitoring frame guide.
- Improved media formatting user interface.
- Improved audio monitoring latency performance.
- Improved auto focus performance.
- Improved signal to noise ratio performance of camera internal microphone.
- Improved power efficiency for improved battery life.
- Improved 3.5mm audio input selection interface.
- Improved AV sync performance.
- Fixed an issue where time and date is not updated on camera when connected to the Blackmagic Camera Setup utility.
- Fixed an issue where the 3.5mm audio input level is 6dB lower than expected.
- Fixed an auto focusing issue with Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens.
- Fixed an issue where some USB-C external SSDs were not detected when connected before camera is powered up.
- Fixed an issue where some batteries might shut off earlier than expected.
- Fixed an issue where low battery indicator is not displayed appropriately.
- Fixed an issue with camera not being detected by host computer when connected to certain USB ports.
- Updated dynamic range and ISO chart in user manual.
No new features in 6.1 for other camera models.
Minimum system requirements:
- macOS Mojave 10.14 or better
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 or better
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- Thunderbolt port for UltraScope and Media Express when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
- A suitable Thunderbolt port when using Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Installing Blackmagic Camera Utility
Before installing the software on Windows, we recommend that you run “Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup” first.
The Blackmagic Camera Installer package installs:
- Blackmagic Camera Setup
- Uninstall Blackmagic Camera Setup
- User Manuals
While installing Camera Update on URSA Mini and URSA Mini Pro you may notice a pause around the 10% mark in the install process, this is normal and will continue installing after around 20 seconds.
After loading the software on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera PL, EF or MFT, you may notice a slight flickering on the built-in LCD screen. This is normal and expected behavior. The flickering will go away after a few minutes of operation.
This download is available for the following operating systems.
We have the entire Blackmagic Design range available on our website. ESV offer next working day delivery* FREE over £249!
If you require further information or assistance you can do so, either through our ‘chat’ function, email: [email protected] or by phone: 0203 137 2901; we’re always here and happy to help.
Featured in this article:
* Item must be in stock at time of purchase
Prices right at time of publishing.