Announcing the latest products from NAB 2019
Last week saw a gathering of the biggest names in the media, entertainment and technology industries at NAB; traditionally a place where new products are announced. This year was no different – here’s a round up of some of our highlights from the show.
Blackmagic Design released a number of exciting new products during NAB, these include a range of 8K products – a new HyperDeck Extreme video recorder with native 8K and H.265 capability, ATEM Constellation 8K 24 channel 12G SDI 8K video switcher and a Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 8K Converter. Other announcements include a long awaited 10G MultiDock – harnessing the power of USB-C, A DaVinci Resolve Editors Keyboard that includes a built-in jogwheel, a Battery-Grip power option for the incredibly popular Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and finally Blackmagic reaffirmed their commitment to the Fusion software by releasing a new v16.
– The new HyperDeck Extreme 8K HDR features the trusted reliability of HyperDeck combined with new innovations such as space saving H.265 files, optional internal cache, 3D LUTs, native 8K and HDR support. With the ability to record native 8K in H.265, you get reduced storage costs and amazing image quality.
– HyperDeck Extreme Control adds traditional broadcast deck controls to HyperDeck Extreme 8K. It works like a traditional broadcast deck with a familiar layout. Control up to 8 decks via industry standard RS-422 control.
– This massive 4 M/E switcher features 40 12G-SDI inputs, 24 12G-SDI aux outputs, 4 DVEs, 16 ATEM Advanced Chroma Keyers, 4 media players, 4 independent Ultra HD multi viewers, 2 SuperSource processors and even standards conversion on all inputs!
– Advanced SSD dock with 4 separate SSDs that can be accessed via a single high speed 10 Gb/s USB-C connection. Specifically designed for the film and television industry, Blackmagic MultiDock 10G features a rack mount design with an independent SATA driver chip on each disk to ensure fast data transfer speeds.
– Advanced 8K HDMI monitoring solution for converting SDI sources to HDMI in all HD, Ultra HD and 8K formats up to 4320p60. Includes 4 HDMI 2.0 output connections, built in down converter, HDR formats, 33 point 10‑bit RGB LUTs, built in waveform, parade, vector and histogram scopes, monitor calibration probe and more.
– The world’s most advanced visual effects, 3D, VR and motion graphics solution!
– Designed for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, the new Pocket Battery Grip lets you replace the camera’s standard LP‑E6 battery with two L‑series batteries so you can shoot for over 2 hours on a single charge!
– The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard is designed for professional editors who need to work faster and turn around work quickly. More than just a simple keyboard, the DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard has been designed as an alternative way to edit that’s much faster than a mouse because you can simultaneously use both hands at the same time.
SmallHD have announced 2 new monitors: Cine 7 & 702 Touch. The Cine 7 is a top of the line professional 7” monitor with ARRI control, 1800 nit daylight viewable display and 100% DCI-P3 coverage. Also available are models with built-in Teradek wireless features in the form of a Cine 7 Transmitter, Cine 7 Receiver and a Cine 7 Sidekick. The receiver and sidekick models are available with either Gold Mount or V-Mount power options as are the standard Cine 7 monitors.
702 Touch is a ruggedly built 7” on-camera monitor designed for full scale productions. The 1500 nit, 1920×1200 resolution display is 50% brighter than the 702 Bright and features a gorgeous full DCI-P3 colour gamut.
– The 702 Touch is a Cinematographer’s best friend. With a ruggedly built frame, highly visible display, plenty of signal and power options, and world-class software tools, this 7-inch on-camera monitor will make any 1st AC or Director of Photography smile.
– Cine 7 is a top of the line professional 7″ monitor with ARRI camera control. Its 1800 nit, daylight viewable display and 100% DCI-P3 coverage make this monitor an absolute joy to work with, in any production environment. With Teradek RT overlay integration and Teradek wireless video technology, Cine 7 delivers an experience that represents the gold standard for A-list cinematography.
– The Cine 7 500 TX is the ultimate on-camera monitoring solution. Send HD video up to 500 feet to a client or director while monitoring on a gorgeous, daylight viewable, DCI-P3 display.
– This 500′ wireless monitor/receiver is compatible with Teradek Bolt 500, 1000 and 3000 transmitters. Equipped with a set of lightweight monitor handles, this 7-inch wire powerful tools extremely accessible for creative professionals.
– The Cine 7 500 RX is more versatile with the built-in 500 Teradek receiver. Hand this Full HD, wide-gamut monitor/receiver off to a DOP or AC pulling focus. It pairs easily with Teradek/SmallHD Bolt 500 transmitters.
Teradek have announced the revolutionary Bolt 4K, defining a whole new category of wireless video systems. Available in either 750ft or 1500ft range the new Bolt 4K feature next generation wireless technology capable of delivering uncompressed 2160p60 HDR video transmission with zero delay.
Also announced, is the Ace 500 a compact, ultralight wireless video system that delivers uncompressed 1080p60 video at up to 500 ft. with zero delay and the VidiU Go HDMI a HDMI only version of their popular VidiU Go that offers a professional live streaming production with broadcast quality video.
– Anybody can stream live online, but not everyone can make it professional. With VidiU Go, your live production is taken to the next level with broadcast quality 1080p60 video, bonded network redundancy, and cutting edge HEVC compression.
– Bolt 4K defines an exclusive new category for 4K zero-delay wireless video transmission. The revolutionary technology inside Bolt 4K offers 8x the signal reliability, 1.5x more range, and superior image fidelity compared to previous Bolt models.
– The Teradek Ace 500 is a compact, ultralight wireless video system that delivers uncompressed 1080p60 video at up to 500 ft. with zero delay.
G-Technology added to their ever increasing collection of rugged mobile hard-drives with the ArmorATD – an all-terrain USB-C drive with shock, rain, dust and crush resistance to protect your footage from out in the wild to back in the studio.
– ArmorATD from G-Technology is a rugged mobile hard drive that is built to withstand anything nature can throw at it thanks to its triple layer shock resistance and protection from the elements.
New from Rode is the Wireless GO – as the name suggests this is a wireless microphone system designed to be ultra compact and easy to use. Wireless GO operates in the 2.4GHz range meaning that its license-free anywhere in the world.
– The Wireless GO is the world’s smallest, most versatile wireless microphone system. The transmitter acts as both a clip-on mic or beltpack for a RØDE lavalier, sending crystal clear broadcast-grade audio via 2.4GHz digital to the on-camera receiver.
AJA’s Ki Pro range of video recorders are world renowned for being ultra stable and reliable, now there’s a new model – Ki Pro GO. Ki Pro GO is a portable genlock free, multi-channel H.264 HD and SD redundant recorder/player that captures pristine quality video to off the shelf USB media for the first time.
Also announced are multiple additions to the openGear range of broadcast quality video converters and both a HDMI and SDI IP mini converter.
– Ki Pro GO is a portable multi-channel H.264 recorder and player offering up to 4-channels of simultaneous HD and SD recording to off the shelf USB drives with redundant recording capabilities.
-IPT-10G2-HDMI Mini-Converter is designed to bridge HDMI HD signals to a SMPTE ST 2110 network.
LaCie used NAB to launch a new 2big RAID – available in 3 capacities to begin with 4TB, 8TB or 16TB, this USB 3.1 (Type-C) drive easily switches between RAID 0, RAID 1 or JBOD meaning you can configure the drive for speed, capacity or data redundancy.
– Lacie’s 2big RAID is ideal for creative professionals who need reliable photo backup and seamless video editing, 2big RAID delivers up to 16TB of trusted desktop storage
BirdDog, an Australian company who produce a range of NDI conversion devices broke new ground by unveiling their family of 4K NDI tools with 3 models to choose from; 4K HDMI, 4K 12G SDI and 4K Quad each with support for all resolutions up to 4Kp60 for encoding and decoding.
-HDMI 2.0 active loop out – including tall border overlays. 12G-SDI active loop out – live cross conversion and tally borders. Full NDI Encode and Decode.
-12G-SDI active loop out – including tally border overlays. HDMI 2.0 active loop out – live cross conversion and tally borders. Full NDI Encode and Decode.
-4x 12G-SDI bi-directional independent ports – up to 4K60. HDMI 2.0 active loop out with multi-viewer and Full NDI Encode & Decode
Last but certainly not least Decimator Design have announced a very exciting new 4K HDMI/SDI Cross Converter. 12G-CROSS builds on the existing MD-CROSS and offers 4K support up to 4096×2160 at 60p and will surely be a must have for a wide range of users in the broadcast/ AV industry.
-The 12G-CROSS from Decimator Design is a small, low power HDMI/SDI 4K cross converter with scaling and frame rate conversion.
For more information on any of the above products including lead times, please contact us either through our ‘chat’ function, email: [email protected] or by phone: 0203 137 2901; we’re always here and happy to help.
ESV offer next working day delivery* FREE over £249!
*Item must be in stock at time of ordering