The KRK Rokit RP8 G3 is a professional two-way nearfield active studio monitor with an 8” Aramid glass composite woofer and a 1” soft dome tweeter. This G3 third generation model builds of the innovation found in the G2 and is ideal for audio recording, mixing and even mastering.
With a frequency response of 35Hz – 35kHz, the Rokit RP8 G3 pushes the natural high end roll off you would normally find in active monitors well outside the human hearing range, giving a much greater level of detail and transparency to the reproduction of high frequencies. The low end extension is also very impressive, meaning the Rokit RP8 G3 can pack a serious punch! This extension is reinforced by the inclusion of a front-firing bass port.
The bi-amped system of the Rokit RP8 G3 means the 1” tweeter and 8” woofer are independently powered by Class A-B 25Watt and 75Watt amplifiers respectively, giving a total system power of 100Watt. This dual amplifier setup means the drivers will never loss power or clarity if the source material becomes heavier at one end of the frequency spectrum, so you can record and mix with confidence.
The KRK Rokit RP8 G3 - Power and performance
The KRK Rokit RP8 G3 is housed in an MDF enclosure with a black vinyl finish. At the rear of the speaker, there are unbalanced RCA, balanced ¼” TRS jack and balanced XLR connections for signal input, as well as high and low frequency adjust controls for room acoustics compensation and a master level control.
With a max SPL of 109dB, the KRK Rokit RP5 G3 can output at an impressively high level making it ideal for playback as well as production. The KRK Rokit RP8 G3 is the perfect active monitor for anyone looking for that signature precision sound of KRK Systems.
"the Rokit 8 is a shiny new version of a popular monitor that improves upon the legacy of its predecessors."- Music Radar
"As I used the ROKIT 8 G3s in my studio over the weeks that followed, I continued to be impressed with them as much for the fact I didn’t notice the change vs. my usual 8-inch monitors with a higher price point"- DJ Times
"I'd happily mix any number of professional-level projects on these monitors."- PC Mag
- Brand new Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- New Proprietary waveguide optimised for superior imaging
- New 1” Soft-Dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- New High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- New Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- New Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- New Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- New Low-resonance enclosure for minimised distortion and colourisation
- New Multiple audio input connectors (Balanced XLR, Balanced 1/4" TRS, Unbalanced RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Peak SPL : 109dB
- Frequency Response 35Hz - 35kHz (+/- 2 dB)
System type: Active Studio Monitor
Low-Frequency: 8" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
High-Frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
Frequency Response: 35Hz - 35kHz
Max Peak SPL: 109 dB
Amplifier Class: Class A-B
Power Output: 100W
High Frequency: 25W
Low Frequency: 75W
Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm balanced
HF Level Adjust: -2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
System Volume: (-30dB - +6dB)
Input Connectors: Unbalanced RCA, Balanced 1/4" TRS, Balanced XLR
AC Power Input: Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V (50Hz - 60Hz) or 100V (50Hz - 60 Hz)
Enclosure Construction: MDF
Finish: Black vinyl wrap
Port Configuration: Front firing slot port
Dimension and Weight
12.4" (315mm) x 10.8" (275mm) x 15.6" (396mm) (D x W x H)