KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Active Studio Monitor White
Rokit Powered RP5 G3 Bi-Amped Studio Monitor (White)
The KRK Rokit RP5 G3 is a professional high end two-way studio monitor with a 1" tweeter and 5" woofer. Featuring a 45Hz-35kHz frequency response and a 106dB max SPL, the Rokit RP5 is capable of packing quite a punch, and a detailed one at that!
The KRK Rokit RP5 G3 is a professional two-way nearfield active studio monitor with a 5” Aramid glass composite woofer and a 1” soft dome tweeter. This third generation model builds of the innovation found in the G2 and is ideal for audio recording, mixing and even mastering.
With a frequency response of 45Hz – 35kHz, the Rokit RP5 G3 pushes the natural high end roll off you would normallu find in active monitors well outside the human hearing range, giving a much greater level of detail and transparency to the reproduction of high frequencies. The low end extension is also impressive for such a small speaker, meaning the Rokit RP5 G3 can pack a serious punch! This extension is reinforced by the inclusion of a front-firing bass port.
The KRK Rokit RP5 G3 - Power and performance
The bi-amped system of the Rokit RP5 G3 means the 1” tweeter and 5” woofer are independently powered by Class A-B 20Watt and 30Watt amplifiers respectively, giving a total system power of 50Watt. This dual amplifier setup means the drivers will never loss power or clarity if the source material becomes heavier at one end of the frequency spectrum, so you can record and mix with confidence.
The KRK Rokit RP5 G3 is housed in an MDF enclosure with a black vinyl finish. At the rear of the speaker, there are unbalanced RCA, balanced ¼” TRS jack and balanced XLR connections for signal input, as well as high and low frequency adjust controls for room acoustics compensation and a master level control.
With a max SPL of 106dB, the KRK Rokit RP5 G3 can output at an impressively high level for its size making it ideal for playback as well as production. The KRK Rokit RP5 G3 is the perfect active monitor for anyone looking for the precision of larger professional monitors but with a smaller footprint and greater affordability.
"Bottom line, I feel I could trust these to work on, and everything I have done with them so far has translated very well, be it in my car, on computer speakers, earbuds or television speakers."- Recording Mag
"The improved clarity in the high end, the better seperation between the middle and low end, and the extra setting options for the high and low end, give this speaker just that what we missed with the GEN2 speakers."- Gearjunkies
"The Rokits are accurate enough to get a good idea what’s going on in your mix, but at the same time their impressive bass extension and slightly hyped sound makes them very enjoyable to use."- Attack Magazine
- Brand new Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- New Proprietary waveguide optimised for superior imaging
- New 1” Soft-Dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- New High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- New Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- New Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- New Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- New Low-resonance enclosure for minimised distortion and colourisation
- New Multiple audio input connectors (Balanced XLR, Balanced 1/4" TRS, Unbalanced RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Peak SPL : 106dB
- Frequency Response 45Hz - 35kHz (+/- 2 dB)
System type: Active Studio Monitor
Low-Frequency: 5" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
High-Frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
Frequency Response: 45Hz - 35kHz
Max Peak SPL: 106 dB
Amplifier Class: Class A-B
Power Output: 50W
High Frequency: 20W
Low Frequency: 30W
Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm balanced
HF Level Adjust: -2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
System Volume: (-30dB - +6dB)
Input Connectors: Unbalanced RCA, Balanced 1/4" TRS, Balanced XLR
AC Power Input: Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V (50Hz - 60Hz) or 100V (50Hz - 60 Hz)
Enclosure Construction: MDF
Finish: White vinyl wrap
Port Configuration: Front firing slot port
Dimension and Weight
9.7" (246mm) x 7.4" (188mm) x 11.2" (284mm) (D x W x H)