JBL Pro PRX815XLFW 15" Powered Subwoofer
15â€ Self-Powered Extended Low Frequency Subwoofer System with Wi-Fi
The JBL PRX815XLFW is a self-powered extended low-frequency subwoofer system. Featuring a JBL 15-inch woofer powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX815XLFW delivers incredible output in a lightweight and compact form factor.
The JBL PRX815XLFW is a self-powered extended low-frequency subwoofer system. The PRX815XLFW provides exceptional volume in a virtually weightless and compact design by deploying a 15” woofer, powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier.
For sub bass frequencies with accuracy and power this sub is the perfect solution. The PRX815XLFW performs with incredible efficiency and control, utilised as a single sub in a sub/sat system or in combinations as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system. The subs are stackable and lightweight, guaranteeing speedy set-ups and tear-downs, and, due to their robust construction, are perfect for AV rental inventories. This is the most potent low-frequency accompaniment to the PRX full-range systems, with a pole receptacle (that accepts a SS4-BK or SS4-BK24) on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru. The addition of a polarity reverse option further allows system optimisation.
Enjoying the capacity to deliver an industry-leading level of performance over a wide bandwidth with remote Wi-Fi control of on-board DSP EQ parameters, the PRX815XLFW is a self-powered, high performance subwoofer system. The sub houses a powerful 2275H Differential Drive dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, woofer driven by a 1500 Watt Class-D power amplifier. Offering user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimisation, sophisticated DSP is at the foundation of a comprehensive input section.
All PRX800 cabinets are safeguarded by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish and constructed from a mixture of 25 mm (on top and bottom for additional durability) and 18 mm rigid poplar lightweight plywood, all reinforced with tongue and groove joints. Handles are built from glass-filled nylon for added strength without increasing weight and the grilles from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel. All M10 suspension points are made from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs each.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behaviour
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex™ finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance