Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) Audio Interface
Second generation 2 in / 2 out USB 2.0 audio interface with two Focusrite Scarlett Mic/Instrument preamplifiers, 24bit/192kHz & USB bus power. Pro Tools | First & Ableton Live Lite recording software, plug-ins and samples included. Mac & PC compatible.
The worlds best selling USB audio interface just got even better – the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen now incorporates 24 bit recordings up to 192 kHz meaning you can achieve the highest sound quality all with super low latency at 2.74ms. The revamped Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 model has even more gain structure than its predecessor as well as a newly designed instrument input for hot pickups such as an electric guitar and its new sleeker chassis and metal gain controls improve the overall feel of the interface. In a very impressive move, Focusrite have now bundled a copy of Pro Tools First and Abelton Live with the whole Focusrite Scarlett range – meaning not only do you get 2 free DAWs you also get 12 free plug ins with Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative pack plus Focusrite Red 2 & 3. This highly portable interface allows studio quality recordings anywhere.
PART OF FREE FOCUSRITE PLUG-IN COLLECTIVE OFFER - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen now integrates 24 bit recordings up to 192 kHz meaning that it’s now possible to achieve the highest sound quality, all with super low latency at 2.74ms – the world’s best selling USB audio interface just got even better. The overhauled Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 model has even more gain structure than its forerunner, as well as a freshly designed instrument input for hot pickups like an electric guitar. Its new, better refined chassis and metal gain controls improve the overall feel of the interface.
Focusrite have now bundled a copy of Pro Tools First and Abelton Live with the whole Focusrite Scarlett range. An impressive move not only providing the user with two free DAWs, but also 12 free plug ins with Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative pack as well as Focusrite Red 2 and 3. This exceedingly mobile interface delivers studio quality recordings anywhere.
The second generation Focusrite Scarlett range is also fit to bursting with improvements. New super-low latency provides confidence, permitting recording and monitoring with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis accent an upgraded industrial design. The Scarlett range is now also capable of running at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz. The input channels have evolved too. The latest Focusrite Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, empowering the user to set levels. The instrument input has also been totally overhauled, rendering it easily capable of handling hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have implemented analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, guarding the interface against unwanted power surges.
Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, there’s no need for a power supply. Scarlett 2i2 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects necessary to begin recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot hottest pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- One headphones output with gain control
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Connect professional studio monitors using two 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don’t need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
* Super-low roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) Included Software
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Pack
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) System Requirements
Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) is class compliant on Mac. Driver will be required for PC.
- Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB audio interface
- USB Cable
- Bundle code for your free software