Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) Audio Interface
Second generation 18 in / 20 out USB 2.0 audio interface with eight Scarlett Mic preamps, 24bit/192kHz, eight ADAT inputs, eight line outputs, two main monitor outputs and two headphone outputs. Recording Software Included. Mac/PC compatible.
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is the centerpiece to your studio and it just got better. A total of 18 inputs and 20 outputs allow you to record anything you like from guitars, drums, keyboards and vocals. Eight improved microphone preamps and super low round trip latency at 2.74 ms as well as the ability to record at sample rates of up to 192 kHz and 24 bit make it ideal for any studio environment. The 2nd Gen is packed full of new features including a sleek new chassis, a more even gain structure and metal gain controls. A new and version of Focusrite Control software allows full control over all routing and in a very impressive move, Focusrite have now bundled a copy of Pro Tools First and Abelton Live with the whole Scarlett range – meaning not only do you get 2 free DAWs you also get 12 free plug ins with Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative pack plus Focusrite Red 2 & 3.
PART OF FREE FOCUSRITE PLUG-IN COLLECTIVE OFFER - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen now integrates 24 bit recordings up to 192 kHz meaning that it’s now possible to achieve the highest sound quality, all with super low latency at 2.74ms – the world’s best selling USB audio interface just got even better. The overhauled Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 model has even more gain structure than its forerunner; the 18 in / 20 out USB 2.0 audio interface with eight Scarlett Mic preamps, eight ADAT inputs, eight line outputs, two main monitor outputs and two headphone outputs is a deserving centrepiece of any studio. Its extensive in/out setup allows the user to simultaneously record anything, whether that’s guitars, drums, keyboards, vocals or a mixture of them all.
Focusrite have now bundled a copy of Pro Tools First and Abelton Live with the whole Focusrite Scarlett range. An impressive move not only providing the user with two free DAWs, but also 12 free plug ins with Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative pack as well as Focusrite Red 2 and 3. This exceedingly mobile interface delivers studio quality recordings anywhere.
The second generation Focusrite Scarlett range is also fit to bursting with improvements. New super-low latency provides confidence, permitting recording and monitoring with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis accent an upgraded industrial design. The Scarlett range is now also capable of running at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz. The input channels have evolved too. The latest Focusrite Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, empowering the user to set levels. The instrument input has also been totally overhauled, rendering it easily capable of handling hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have implemented analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, guarding the interface against unwanted power surges.
Compact and portable enough to take anywhere, there’s no need for a power supply. Scarlett 18i20 is connected and powered by a single USB cable. It also comes with the software and effects necessary to begin recording; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) Key Features
- Eight Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain, exceptional headroom, low noise and minimal distortion
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, now with increased headroom for seriously hot pick-ups
- Class-leading digital conversion at up to 24-bit / 192kHz
- Lowest roundtrip latency* in its class lets you perform and produce using effects in real time, with no need for DSP
- ADAT expansion ports allow you to add an extra eight analogue inputs and outputs
- Ten balanced analogue outputs, including a dedicated stereo pair with anti-thump circuitry
- Two headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Focusrite Control software to easily configure your monitoring and routing setups
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to record
- Use it with all major DAWs on Mac and PC
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI
- Stereo S/PDIF In and Out for connecting other digital devices
*Roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) Included Software
- Focusrite Control - Routing and monitoring application
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Pack
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) System Requirements
18i20 (2nd Gen) is class compliant on Mac. Driver will be required for PC.
- Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Bundle code for your free software