Focusrite RedNet MP8R Remote Controlled Microphone Preamp
8 Channel remote-controlled Microphone Preamp and A/D for Dante Networks
RedNet MP8R is an 8-channel remote-controlled microphone preamplifier and A/D for the Dante audio-over-IP network. Developed from the RedNet 4 studio remote-controlled microphone preamp, and incorporating input from leading live sound practitioners during its development, the MP8R provides a wealth of features that make it particularly applicable to the live sound/recording and broadcast environments, and other workflows where reliability is paramount.
The Focusrite RedNet MP8R is an eight-channel remote controlled microphone preamplifier and A/D for the Dante audio-over-IP network. Amalgamating creative guidance from prominent live sound practitioners during its development, and built up from the RedNet 4 studio remote controlled microphone preamp, the MP8R delivers a bounty of characteristics that make it exceptionally useful in live recording and broadcast environments, as well as other workflows where consistency is paramount.
The MP8R preamps epitomise the most recent iteration of Focusrite’s award-winning mic pre designs, with a lineage that can be stretched back to the ground breaking Focusrite products of the mid-1980s. Incorporating and surpassing the latest developments in audio technology, the modern day’s Focusrite preamps deliver lower noise, superb dynamic range and superior Common Mode Rejection to what came before.
The preamps in the MP8R provide an upgraded maximum input level of 28dBu, as well as a 20dB pad, high-pass filter, polarity inversion and phantom power. Every preamp has a dual input impedance of 10k or 2.4k ohms, permitting flexibility when running multiple mic pres in tandem.
Dual Ethernet ports with locking etherCON connectors are supplied, with multiple operating modes like daisy-chaining and redundancy, each affirmed by indicators sitting on the front-panel. Separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) are situated on the rear of the unit with two autonomous power supplies, alongside fault detection capability, included. Power state is displayed both remotely and on the front panel. The MP8R features a robust, roadworthy exterior complimented by premium internal build quality. On top of that, the unit’s blueprint is unbelievably condensed - a compact 1U rack-mount form factor.
- Built-in redundancy with dual power and network connections
- Rugged roadworthy all-metal construction, high build quality, locking power and etherCON Ethernet connectors
- Eight Focusrite remote-controlled preamps with enhanced input level capability, and dual input impedance to deliver maximum performance when one mic feeds single or multiple pres
- Two outputs from each preamp: one direct and the other automatically gain-compensated to deliver a constant level
- 20dB pad, HPF and polarity inversion per input
- Operate locally, or remotely via RedNet Control software, Pro Tools, MIDI or OCA (Open Control Architecture – available 2015 via firmware update)
- Precision low-latency conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz, with best-in-class dynamic range and overall audio quality
- 6-segment LED level meters; OLED display indicates input gain and system information
- Compact 1U form factor
- Total interoperability with other Dante products and networks
Connectors (rear panel)
2x IEC power connector with retaining clip: 100–240Vac, 50/60 Hz. Cord retaining clips included.
8x XLR3F analogue audio inputs
Controls (front panel)
Indicators (front panel)
PSU A and PSU B power supply active LEDs
Network: Primary, Secondary and Locked LEDs
Gain range: 0 dB to 55 dB in 1 dB steps
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz