Focusrite RedNet A16R Remote Controlled Analogue I/O Interface
Sixteen channels of Dante-networked A-D and D-A conversion, with network & PSU redundancy
RedNet A16R expands Focusrite’s range of 1U Dante interfaces with network and power supply redundancy, providing 16 channels of analogue input and output with high quality A-D and D-A digital conversion at up to 119dB dynamic range, plus two channels of AES/EBU digital I/O, to and from the Dante network.
The RedNet A16R widens Focusrite’s developing range of 1U Dante interfaces with network and power supply redundancy, delivering 16 channels of analogue input and output. The A16R provides premium 192kHz/24-bit A-D and D-A digital conversion with up to 119dB dynamic range, as well as two channels of AES/EBU digital I/O, to and from the Dante network.
Focusrite’s RedNet A16R offers 24-bit conversion at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz sample rates (remotely-selectable), as well as including pull-up/down capability. Electronically-balanced analogue audio I/O is afforded on DB25 connectors wired to AES59 specifications. Internal signals are equalised across the whole unit. Inputs and outputs are remotely configurable for 0dBFS= +18dBu or +24dBu signal levels. On top of this, two channels of AES/EBU I/O are provided on XLR connectors, with sample rate conversion on the input. The clock source for the unit can be external, or internal via Word Clock or DARS (via the XLR input). RedNet A16R also outputs Word Clock.
The RedNet A16R utilises power and network redundancy, with two separate universal (100–240V) PSUs, which include IEC connectors with retaining clips, plus dual network interfaces on locking etherCON connectors. These ports can be configured remotely to Redundant or Switched (daisy-chain) mode.
- 16 channels of high-quality line-level analogue I/O
- 24-bit precision Focusrite conversion up to 192kHz
- 119dB dynamic range, flat from 20Hz – 20kHz, +/-0.15dB
- Internally balanced throughout
- Dante-based remote-controlled audio-over-IP connectivity
- Dual power supplies and network connections with full power and network redundancy including locking connectors for maximum reliability
- Word Clock I/O and DARS for increased flexibility plus an additional two channels of AES/EBU I/O
- Analogue I/O to AES59 standard on DB25 connectors
- Comprehensive front-panel indicators
- Software-based routing and control – no hardware patching required
Digital Input Sample Rate Converters
Rear Panel Connectivity
PSU & Network Connections
Front Panel Indicators