Focusrite Red 4Pre Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD and Dante Audio Interface
58-in / 64-out audio interface with four digitally-controlled, 'Air' enabled, Red Evolution mic preamps and dual Thunderbolt 2, Pro Tools|HD and Dante network audio connectivity
Focusrite's best audio interface yet. The 58-in / 64-out Red 4Pre combines four digitally-controlled, 'Air' enabled, 'Red Evolution' mic preamps and advanced 24-bit, 192kHz conversion with dual Thunderbolt 2, Pro Tools|HD and Dante™ network audio connectivity. Featuring a beautiful yet robust design, the Red 4Pre represents the perfect balance of form and function, delivering the sound quality, transparency and versatility that audio professionals expect from Focusrite.
The Red 4Pre Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD and Dante Audio interface is Focusrite’s best audio interface yet. With 58 inputs and 64 outputs, it delivers four redesigned ‘Red Evolution’ mic preamps deployed direct from the front panel, as well as premium digital conversion and millisecond-level low round-trip latency. So low, in fact, that DAW plugins can be implemented while the user monitors recordings, for instance to add reverb in the headphones for a vocalist.
The fresh Red mic pre includes the switchable “Air” effect that reproduces the sound of Focusrite’s notorious ISA transformer-based preamps, as well as providing very low noise (EIN -128) and distortion. The Red 4Pre additionally supplies gain controls with a special law, making changes softer and more organic.
Focusrite has been well-renowned for top-quality digital conversion for almost as long as it has been revered for its microphone preamps, and The Red 4Pre isn’t an exception. Featuring the latest in Focusrite precision digital conversion, 4Pre’s 192kHz/24-bit converters dispense up to 118dB (A/D from mic pre) / 119dB (D/A line out) real world dynamic range.
The four primary inputs sit on the front panel in the form of mic/instrument/line combo XLR/TRS sockets and include the innovatively reimagined Red Evolution mic pres. The instrument-level inputs are designed with exceptional headroom, to accept the highest output pickup without distortion.
- The pinnacle of our interface design – Red 4Pre is our best interface yet. Our cleanest mic preamps, best-sounding converters and a build quality that harks back to the original Red series.
- Our best conversion performance – Delivering precision-calibrated digital conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz, with up to 121dB dynamic range, Red 4Pre's converters feature a 'parallel path summing' configuration to realise our quietest design to date, with an optimal combination of sound quality, noise floor, dynamic range and conversion latency. Exceptional performance makes Red 4Pre perfect for high-resolution audio.
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for daisy-chaining – With two Thunderbolt 2 ports, you can connect to the DAW of your choice whilst simultaneously connecting Thunderbolt devices such as hard drives and displays.
- Direct Pro Tools connection – In addition to Thunderbolt, the Red 4Pre offers standard dual DigiLink™ connectivity to Pro Tools | HD systems and existing Avid® interfaces.
- Dante Network Audio enabled – the Red 4Pre includes dual Ethernet ports for Dante™ audio-over-IP networking, allowing you to expand your studio via Ethernet with additional channels anywhere on your network, with low latency and lower cost. Add channels by connecting additional Red or other Dante-compatible components to the Ethernet ports.
- Four Red Evolution Air-enabled mic pres – Provide up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain and offer individual phantom power, setting recall, stereo linking, HPF and polarity invert, plus Air mode, which provides an analogue emulation of our heritage ISA preamp characteristics.
- Our lowest round-trip latency – Track with your preferred plug-ins and record virtual instruments in real time. Simplify your workflow: run a single mix on your DAW for both overdubbing and mixing, with your plug-ins in place, all the time.
- Expansion done right - add up to 64 extra channels to the Red 4Pre - wherever there's an Ethernet connection. Dante lets you run additional channels over a greater distance, with lower latency and at lower cost, without wasting money on unused hardware.
- Front-panel instrument inputs – Provide easy access to high-headroom instrument connections even when rack-mounted.
- Software Included – Every Red 4Pre includes Focusrite Control software, allowing mic preamp control and the quick and intuitive set-up of mixes and monitors; the Red plug-in suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 and 3 EQ and compression; and Softube's Time and Tone bundle – a unique plug-in pack including four of Softube’s professional quality plug-ins: Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor, TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob.
- Red 4Pre
- Power Cable
- Getting Started Guide