Focusrite has announced the return of the legendary Red Series mic preamp with the introduction of the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre, a module for the popular 'Lunchbox' format. As with the original Red range, this new module will also be 'Made in England'. Focusrite’s Red Range gained legendary status following its release in 1993. The Red mic preamps rapidly became sought-after in the world’s top studios, with their unique signature sound and ability to perform faultlessly on a wide range of instruments with almost any microphone.
- Classic Red circuit topology & components: A mono mic preamp that uses the same circuit design and components as the original Red mic pre - the Red 1
- 500-series 'Lunchbox' format: For the first time, a Focusrite product is available in this popular portable format
- Original input & output transformers: Features the same Lundahl LL1538 input transformer and custom Carnhill output transformer as the original Focusrite Red 1 and Red 8 microphone preamps. The use of these very high quality transformers gives the Red Series its transparent and expensive-sounding character
- Grayhill gold-plated military-grade gain switch: The switched gain structure of the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre means you can accurately recall preamp settings and, with a solid, super-reliable, gold-plated selector switch, you know you’ll get repeatable results
- Suitable for virtually any microphone: With a gain range of 66dB and a carefully-chosen input impedance, the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre is perfect for almost any microphone, be it ribbon, dynamic or condenser
- Backlit VU meter with switchable calibration: The built-in VU meter helps gain accurate results, with calibration to ensure your levels are always spot-on