Focusrite Pro RedNet HD32R Pro Tools Bridge
32 Channel Bridge between Dante Networks and Pro Tools|HD
RedNet HD32R is a 1U, 19in rack-mount Dante interface that allows Pro Tools|HD users direct access to the full benefits of the Dante digital audio networking system, including its uniquely flexible network topology and premium quality audio interfaces. The Pro Tools system is connected to the HD32R via standard Mini DigiLink ports.
The Focusrite RedNet HD32R is a 1U 19” rack-mount Dante interface that gives Pro Tools|HD users uninterrupted access to all the benefits of the Dante digital audio networking system, incorporating its matchlessly flexible network topology and high quality audio interfaces. The Pro Tools system is connected to the HD32R via standard Mini DigiLink ports.
Dual Ethernet ports with locking etherCON connectors are supplied, with multiple operating modes like daisy-chaining and redundancy, each affirmed by indicators sitting on the front-panel. Separate power input sockets (with retaining clips) are situated on the rear of the unit with two autonomous power supplies, alongside fault detection capability, included. Power state is displayed both remotely and on the front panel. The HD32R features a robust, roadworthy exterior complimented by premium internal build quality. On top of that, the unit’s blueprint is unbelievably condensed - a compact 1U rack-mount form factor.
Focusrite’s RedNet was the first bridge of its kind to deliver IP networked audio interfaces for recording studio, education, live sound and broadcast workflows, blending superb audio interfaces with the tried and tested dependability of the Dante Ethernet-based audio networking system from Audinate.
Dante networking offers a potent amalgamation of features, making it perfectly suited to any Pro Tools|HD production environment. Focusrite’s excellent DC-coupled mic preamplifiers and meticulous digital conversion maintain the very highest audio quality I/O, while Dante’s Ethernet-based audio networking technology completely negates the need for complex, bulky and expensive analogue multiway cables. Connected to Pro Tools|HD with RedNet HD32R, audio interfaces can be handily situated anywhere an Ethernet port is available.
- Allows Dante Ethernet-based audio networking products to interoperate fully with Pro Tools|HD & Pro Tools|HDX
- Ethernet and power supply redundancy with auto switchover in case of failure and locking connectors
- Provides the vital link to create an extensive high-quality audio network based on standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 wiring, bringing the latest advances in digital audio networking to Pro Tools|HD
- Cost-effectively increase audio I/O quality and flexibility with RedNet interfaces
- Permits multiple workstations to access the same interface hardware and I/O
- No changes to Pro Tools workflow required – simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools|HD inputs and outputs
- Up to 32 I/O with Pro Tools|HD over single DigiLink connection per RedNet HD32R
- Additional Avid/Digidesign interfaces may be connected to expansion ports
- Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with TDM- or AAX-DSP-based plugins and saved sessions
Connectors (Rear panel)
2x etherCON locking Ethernet connectors – also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors
2x BNC Word Clock In and Out 2x BNC Loop Sync I/O
Primary and Expansion Mini DigiLink connectors to/from Pro Tools|HD system
2x IEC power connector: 100–240Vac, 50/60 Hz, cord retaining clips included
Controls (front panel)
Indicators (front panel)
Green LED power indicator
Network Status: Primary/Secondary/Locked PSU: A/B
Sample rate: 44.1/48kHz, x2, x4, Pull
Signal presence: from/to DAW, LED per 4 channels
Clock Source: Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, DAW Master
Pro Tools|HD PCIe
Pro Tools|HD Native PCIe
Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt
Requires Pro Tools|HD 8.0 and up