Focusrite Clarett OctoPre 8-Channel Mic Preamp and AD/DA Converter
8-channel 24-bit / 192kHz A-D and D-A with eight Microphone Preamplifiers, and eight line outputs, for expanding computer audio interfaces via ADAT I/O.
8-channel 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A with eight Microphone Preamplifiers and eight analogue line outputs. Great-sounding Clarett mic preamps include Focusrite's switchable 'Air' effect, giving microphones the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic preamp. With two front-panel instrument inputs and outstanding dynamic range, Clarett OctoPre includes eight line outputs that can be fed from the D-As or from the mic pres. Ideal for extending the capabilities of a Clarett interface - or any other interface fitted with ADAT optical inputs and outputs.
Focusrite’s Clarett OctoPre 8-Channel Mic Preamp and AD/DA Converter is the best converter in its class, bar none. With eight line outputs, it delivers eight redesigned Clarett mic preamps deployed direct from the front panel, as well as premium digital conversion and millisecond-level low round-trip latency. So low, in fact, that DAW plugins can be implemented while the user monitors recordings, for instance to add reverb in the headphones for a vocalist.
The fresh Clarett mic pre includes the switchable “Air” effect that reproduces the sound of Focusrite’s notorious ISA transformer-based preamps, as well as providing very low noise (EIN -128) and distortion. The Clarett OctoPre additionally supplies gain controls with a special law, making changes softer and more organic.
Focusrite has been well-renowned for top-quality digital conversion for almost as long as it has been revered for its microphone preamps, and The Clarett OctoPre isn’t an exception. Featuring the latest in Focusrite precision digital conversion, OctoPre’s 192kHz/24-bit converters dispense up to 118dB (A/D from mic pre) / 119dB (D/A line out) real world dynamic range.
The two primary inputs sit on the front panel in the form of mic/instrument/line combo XLR/TRS sockets and include the innovatively reimagined Clarett mic pres; in addition, an ADAT optical input can be activated to widen the OctoPre’s D-A conversion capability with eight additional digital channels, perfect for mixing as well as tracking. The instrument-level inputs are designed with exceptional headroom, to accept the highest output pickup without distortion.
- 8-channel I/O mic/line expansion with ADAT interfacing
- Eight Clarett-style mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation effect
- Eight line outputs fed from D-A or mic pres
- 24-bit A-D and D-A up to 192kHz sample rate - ideal for hi-res audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O - eight channels at up to 96kHz, four channels at 176.4/192kHz
- Switched insert with true bypass on every channel
- Mic Pres and front panel instrument inputs with extra headroom
- Six-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48v Phantom Power to all inputs
- Clarett OctoPre provides rock solid, super stable clocking performance with wordclock I/O for synchronisation with other studio equipment.
Supported Sample Rates
- Clarett OctoPre
- Getting Started Guide
- Power Cable