BAE 1084 Mic Pre / EQ Pair with PSU
19" Pair with Power Supply
Introducing the vintage neve style BAE 1084 Mic Pre / EQ Pair with PSU. The BAE 1084 is authentic as you can get to the original, featuring the same St Ives (Carnhill) transformers as the vintage modules, Elma switches and Canford wire.
The BAE 1084 Mic Pre / EQ Pair with PSU preamp yields a really fat sound. It seems to add subharmonics to the low end which makes the bottom end sound huge. It smooths the top end which gives the highs a silky sheen. As well the BAE 1084 Mic Pre / EQ Pair with PSU compresses transients a little bit. It is a smooth, fat., larger than life sound. An added bonus is to use the DI inputs to fatten samples, synths and mixes since the DI can handle line levels.
The BAE 1084 Mic Pre / EQ Pair with PSU equalizer is very broad banded and musical. It has a hi-pass filter with four frequencies- 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz and 360Hz. It has a lo-pass filter with five frequencies- 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz and 18kHz. The low end of this equalizer is so tight that you can boost 220Hz and not muddy up the sound. The mid band has six frequencies- 350Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz and 7.2kHz. As well, the BAE 1084 has a "Hi-Q" button on the mid band for narrower bandwidth. The high band is shelving and is selectable with three frequencies- 10kHz, 12kHz and 16kHz. It is smooth and silky and a little goes a long way.
- Made from an authentic reproduction of a Neve BAE 1084 module
- Hi-Z direct inputs on the front panel
- 48v phantom power on the front panel
- Balanced mic input, line input and balanced +4 output from XLR connectors on the rear of the module
- One-year warranty
- Output level control functions as fader when going straight to tape
- Modules are mounted horizontally and take up only one rack unit each
- Oversize power supply provides four times the current needed for optimum sound quality
- Ten-day satisfaction guarantee
3 Band Equaliser
High Pass Filter
Low Pass Filter
Mic Input Impedance
Line Input Impedance
Common Mode Rejection Ratio
Maximum Output Level
Equivalent Input Noise
Dimensions in Inches (Module/Rackmount)