Aston Microphones Origin Condenser Microphone
Cardioid Condenser Microphone with 1" Capsule Ideal for Vocals & Acoustic Guitar
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound...for a natural and transparent recording.
Making use of a 1” gold evaporated capsule, the Aston Origin is a supercharged cardioid condenser microphone. Performing particularly well on acoustic guitars and vocals, the Origin is also tactile enough to be used with the majority of instruments. Its high-end transformer-less circuitry, manufactured using only the best components, is combined with a hand-selected capsule.
The Aston Origin utilises a signature wave-form mesh head. As well as supplying an unparalleled level of defence for the heart of the microphone, the capsule, the unique design also looks exceptionally beautiful. Subject to a hard impact, the head of the mic will distort before returning to its ordinary locus, without succumbing damage, thanks to its shock resilient wave-form design. Undesirable artefacts are also removed from your recordings thanks to integrated off-axis rejection.
An exclusive mesh-knit pop filter comes fitted as standard; machined into the wave-form head, as with all Aston condenser microphones. Sound is able to move while virtually eliminating unwelcome plosives at source because of its arbitrary weave. The Aston Origin is perfect in critically sensitive electronic applications as it also repels various wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation. Rust after extended use is also not a problem because this wholly encapsulating, single piece mesh cage is formed in stainless steel and can be dismantled and washed.
Custom moulded end caps with assimilated XLR and stand adaptor create yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin. Not one other microphone possesses this attribute. You can mount the mic straight to a stand via this built in and transposable thread adapter – the internal shock absorption system is that good. This design feature also means that the Aston Origin is exceptionally stress-free to repair and maintain.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills, just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging