The Universal Audio Apollo Quad is a high quality, rack-mountable Firewire audio interface that provides unparalleled power and clarity. With its class-leading 24bit/192kHz conversion and its realtime UAD processing, the Apollo Quad is a cut above the rest when it comes to quality and functionality.
The Apollo Quad features four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally controlled analogue microphone preamps as well as preamp parameter controls both on the front panel and via the included software, low end roll-off filters, -20dB pad, 48V phantom power, stereo linking and polarity inversion, making the Quad a recording powerhouse.
On the monitoring side, the Universal Audio Apollo Quad has all bases covered with independent stereo monitor outputs and two stereo headphone outputs with front panel controls for levels and muting and front panel metering for easy and quick referencing.
The Universal Audio Apollo Quad - a revolution is combined analogue and digital technology.
The Universal Audio Apollo Quad brings 50 years of UA’s analogue circuity design together with the physical modelling and emulation found in their digital plugin range. It not only provides you with all the functionality and stability you would expect from a top end audio interface, but the Apollo Quad also gives you the ability to record in realtime through UAD powered plugins with sub-2ms latency. The Quad contains four SHARC processors for these plugins and can be combined with other UAD-2 devices to increase mixing DSP. The unit also comes with the Analog Classic Plus bundle of plugins, straight out the box.
The Universal Audio Apollo Quad has a wide range of connections with eight mono channels across mic, line or high-impedance inputs, 10 digital inputs and outputs via ADAT and S/PDIF, eight mono line outputs and the stereo monitor and dual stereo headphone outputs, giving a total of 18 x 24. There are also two Firewire 800 ports so that you can daisy-chaining two Apollo Quad interfaces together to obtain 16 channel of analogue I/O.
" For ease of use, sound quality, routing flexibility, the DSP engine, and the ability to track with UAD plug-ins in real time and with negligible latency, the Apollo is a very attractive proposition with no direct competition."- Sound On Sound
"Yep, all the fanfare was justified, because the Apollo is really rather magnificent."- Music Radar
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt/Firewire audio interface for Mac and Windows 7***
- Realtime UAD Processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins
- Unison™ technology provides stunning models of classic mic preamps
- Four premium mic preamps, top-end converters, and uncompromising analog design
- 8 analog inputs: 4 digitally controlled analog mic preamps; 8 balanced line inputs; 2 front-panel JFET DIs
- 14 analog outputs: 8 balanced line outs; 2 digitally-controlled analog monitor outs; 2 dedicated stereo headphone outs
- 10 channels of digital I/O: 8 channels of ADAT; 2 channels S/PDIF; Wordclock I/O
- Multi-Unit Cascading allows combining two Apollos for 16 analog inputs/outputs and 12 digital inputs/outputs
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Softube Amp Room Essentials, and Legacy versions of the Fairchild 670 Compressor, Teletronix LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, Pultec Pro EQ plug-ins, and more
*** Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter.
A/D – D/A Conversion
Microphone Inputs 1 – 4
Line Inputs 1 – 4
Line Inputs 5 – 8
Line Outputs 1 – 8
Monitor Outputs 1 – 2
Stereo Headphone Outputs 1 & 2
UAD Minimum System Requirements
Dimensions and Weight