Rugged Aluminum Design, Multiple Ports
Sonnet designed the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock for maximum flexibility in use. The rugged aluminum case may be set horizontally, or vertically to save space on the desktop. For your convenience, USB 3.0, audio input, and audio output ports are placed on both the front and back of the enclosure, so you can leave frequently used devices connected to the back, and connect devices you disconnect more often to the front. The headphone jack on the front supports a mini TOSLINK optical digital audio cable, enabling you to pass stereo audio out to your A/V system. Dual Thunderbolt ports enable the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock to support daisy chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals, and to be placed anywhere in a Thunderbolt device chain. You can even connect a Thunderbolt display, or other monitor type with an appropriate adapter, so you're not limited to a single type of display interface. Depending on the display, you could even place it on top of the Echo dock.
Your Choice of DVD±RW or Blu-Ray Drive
If you've purchased a new iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro with Retina Display, you may have noticed something's missing—an optical drive. Not to worry, the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock has you covered—it includes your choice of DVD±RW drive, or Blu-ray Disc player (BD-ROM/8x DVD±RW). For those who purchase the Blu-ray drive model, you'll find the included Blu-ray player software for OS X is very handy, enabling you to watch Blu-ray movies on your computer or attached monitor.
iDevice Charging Hub
With its four USB 3.0 ports, the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock will be the hub for your handheld iDevices, too. Each port can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even when your computer is disconnected, off, or sleeping.
Advanced USB 3.0 Feature Support
The Echo dock's USB 3.0 ports support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) and Wake On Demand (Wake On USB 3.0). UASP support ensures that UASP-enabled external drives connected to the dock achieve their maximum data transfer rate potential, with performance improved by up to 20% above the drive connected to a USB host without UASP support. Wake on demand support allows devices such as a keyboard connected to the Echo dock's USB 3.0 ports to wake your computer.
Echo 15 Thunderbolt Dock Time Machine Backup
Add an Internal Drive for the Perfect Time Machine Backup Companion.
The Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock supports the installation of a 3.5" hard drive or 2.5" 6 Gb/s SSD, providing you an ideal solution for adding storage capacity to use as your Mac computer's Time Machine drive, or to back up your Mac's drive, without having to connect another external drive and its power brick.
Connect a Display
The Thunderbolt port on your computer is essentially a Mini DisplayPort video connection that adds high speed PCIe for data. This means that there is a broad range of inexpensive adapters (sold separately) that can bridge between Mini DisplayPort and common display interface types.
Display interface types that can be connected to your Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock via Thunderbolt include:
• Thunderbolt Display – Direct Connect
• Mini DisplayPort – Direct Connect
• HDMI – Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
• Dual-Link DVI – Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
• DVI – Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
• VGA – Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Storage Space for a Time Machine (Drive) or High-Performance SSD
Sonnet designed the Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock with extra space, mounting hardware, and connectors for you to install a single 2.5" or 3.5" SATA HDD (hard disk drive) or SSD (solid state drive). The fast 6 Gb/s SATA interface supports an HDD at its maximum speeds, and an SSD at up to 380 MB/s. Add a high-capacity drive to use as your Mac's Time Machine drive, to back up your computer's data, or to store your ever growing media library. Optionally, you can install one high-performance SSD for blazing-fast access to applications and files. Whichever choice you make, the drive mounts inside the Echo dock, so you can expand your storage without the fuss of adding another external drive, power brick, and cable clutter.
- Connects Your Peripherals with One Cable—Connect your peripherals to the Echo dock; connect your computer to and disconnect it from the dock using one Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Provides Multiple Interfaces and Thunderbolt 2 Compatibility—Thunderbolt 2 (backward compatible with Thunderbolt 10Gbs), USB 3.0, SATA and eSATA, FireWire 800, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio
- Adds an Optical Drive to Your Computer—Choose between an 8x DVD±RW drive or, optionally, a Blu-ray disc player (BD-ROM/8x DVD±RW drive)
- Adds Blu-ray Movie Play Support for OS X—When purchased with the Blu-ray drive option, Mac Blu-ray player software is included
- Supports Internal Hard Drive or SSD Installation—Install one 3.5" hard drive or one 2.5" 6 Gb/s SSD inside the dock
- Flexible Design—Front and rear USB 3.0 and audio ports, plus the ability to be placed horizontally or vertically, provide the dock great flexibility in use
- iDevice Charger—USB 3.0 ports can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even while the computer is disconnected, off, or sleeping; one port supports optimized quick charging
- Wide Range of Display Connection Options—Select from a variety of inexpensive Mini DisplayPort to popular display interfaces such as HDMI, DVI, VGA and Dual-Link DVI
- Compatible with Every Thunderbolt Mac—Supports any Mac with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.8.5+
External SATA (eSATA):
Front Panel Indicators
What's in the box
- Echo 15 Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- One power cord
- User's guide