Featuring a heavy duty metal body and internally shock mounted 1/2" condenser capsule mounted for end-address, the M3 can be powered either via P48 phantom power, or an internal 9V battery.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuator (pad), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as a guitar amplifier or snare drum. A high-pass filter selectable on the microphone power switch introduces a filter at 80Hz to reduce low frequency sounds and handling noise.
The RODE M3 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RODE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Heavy duty metal body
- Internal capsule shock mount
- High level of RF rejection
- On mic selectable high pass filter @ 80Hz-12dB/Oct (-10 and -20dB PAD)
- Heat treated high-strength mesh head
- Battery status indicator
- 9V Battery Power and 24 - 48V phantom power
- Includes wind shield, mic clip and zip pouch
- 10 year extended warranty with online registration
Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
Address Type: End
Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz(selected HPF @80Hz)
Output Impedance: 200Ω
Maximum SPL: 142dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Maximum Output Level: 9.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load
Sensitivity: -40.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (6.30mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 21dB-A
Dimensions: 225.00mmH x 33.00mmW x 33.00mmD
Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration