The PreSonus Studio Channel is a 1-channel Vacuum Tube channel strip consisting of a Tube Preamplifier, Compressor and 3-band parametric equaliser.
The Studio Channel’s Class A tube preamp is based on the one found in the original BlueTube DP. Featuring a high-output 12AX7 tube that produces tonnes of headroom and great tone due to the incredibly high voltage that it operates on. Gain and Tube Drive controls allow a wide range of sounds to be produced from overdriven to clear and everything in-between. With staples such as 48V phantom power, a 20 dB pad, polarity reverse switch and a high pass filter you won’t be left short.
The VCA-based compressor in the Studio Channel strip known for fast attack and ideal for music with the tools needed to tackle signals from deep dirty bass to the harshest of snare drums and crisp vocals. It has a gain range of -10 dB to +10 dB and a backlit VU meter for displaying gain reduction or output gain.
The PreSonus Studio Channel – don’t let the name fool you!
Although called the Studio Channel, this is just as well suited to the live scene. Its built to last, is an all in one multi-purpose processor and very comfortable handling guitars, bass or drums.
The Studio Channel features a 3-band EQ with the mid-range fully parametric and the low and high bands having gain and frequency control but fixed Q. The Studio Control allows the EQ to be either pre or post compressor and each stage is independently by passable.
With both ¼” line and XLR inputs you can connect the Studio Channel to a vast array of amps, PA systems or interfaces and with the Digital Option Card slot on the back the unit is easily expandable.
The Studio Channel Tube channel strip offers both the live and studio scenes an all-in-one multipurpose effects processor at a very reasonable price.
" If you are looking for the next logical step up from your budget mixer or computer interface, this unit will give you a nice bang for the buck. "- Recording Mag
1 channel with Class A 12AX7 vacuum-tube mic/instrument preamplifier
- Gain control with +10 dB to +54 dB gain range
- Tube Drive control
- 48V phantom power switch
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad
- Polarity-reverse switch
Fully Variable VCA compressor
- Attack, Release, Ratio, Threshold, and (makeup) Gain
- Auto Attack/Release switch
- Soft/Hard Knee switch
- Bypass switch
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- Gain, Frequency, and Q controls (mid band)
- Gain and Frequency controls (low and high bands)
- Shelving/peak switches (low and high bands)
- Switchable pre-/post-compressor
- Bypass switch
Master level control
Backlit VU meter
- Gain Reduction to Meter switch (selects gain reduction or output gain)
- 1 unbalanced ¼” instrument input (front panel)
- 1 balanced ¼” line input
- 1 balanced XLR mic input
- 1 balanced ¼” line output
- 1 balanced XLR line output
- 1U 19” rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- External 16 VAC power supply
LF Band Controls:
MF Band Controls:
HF Band Controls: