The PreSonus DigiMax D8 is a rackmounted 8-channel preamplifier with the option of ADAT Optical output at 48 kHz. The DigiMax D8 comes equipped with 8 of PreSonus’ famed XMAX microphone preamps alongside 2 instrument inputs that sound fantastic.
The PreSonus DigiMax D8 – Maximise your sound!
The XMAX microphone preamps found on the DigiMax D8 are custom designed, high-voltage Class A that impart no sound qualities – giving you the cleanest, most consistent sound reproduction possible. Running off 30V power rails these preamps offer increased headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs and everything in-between. Overall a more rich sound is produced when compared to other preamps.
Thanks to the 8 XLR mic inputs, 8 ¼” balanced direct channel outputs and the 8 channel 24 bit ADAT Optical output found in the DigiMax D8, both analog and digital bases are covered. Pair the DigiMax D8 with lightpipe equipped digital-audio devices or connect the direct channel outputs to an analog mixer.
PreSonus has equipped the DigiMax D8 with standard features such as +48V Phantom Power on each of the 8 rear-panel microphone inputs, variable trim control on each preamp, ultra-responsive LED metering and a 20 dB pad.
The DigiMax D8 offers great sound quality preamps without blowing your budget.
" When you consider the price per mic preamp, the DigiMax D8 is great value. It also offers fuss‑free operation and a smooth, musical sound. "- Sound On Sound
" With regard to sound quality, we would happily recommend it for use in project studios and live rigs, and to anyone who needs some extra channels they can rely on without blowing £1,000 or more."- Music Radar
- 2 unbalanced ¼” instrument inputs (front panel; bypass Ch. 1 and 2 mic inputs)
- 8 balanced rear-panel XMAX mic preamps
- 1 BNC word-clock input
- 8 balanced ¼” direct outputs (1 per channel)
- 1 ADAT Lightpipe optical digital output (8 channels)
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -4 dB to +50 dB gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- -20 dB pad on every channel
- 4-segment, fast-acting LED input meter
- Clock source (sets clock to external or internal with 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate)
- Professional-quality AD converters (+107 dBu dynamic range)
- ADAT Lightpipe digital output: 8 channels at 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz internal sampling rate
- Word-clock master via ADAT Lightpipe or slave to external word clock
- Internal power supply with standard IEC connector
- 1U rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
Instrument Input (channels 1 and 2 only)