The AudioBox 22VSL introduces a new generation of PreSonus USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interfaces that take hardware/software integration to the logical next step.
Using your computer CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive (VSL) software, the AudioBox 22VSL interface provides a 4x2 mixer, reverb and delay effects, and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive™ 16.0.2 digital mixer— all with inaudible latency.
Now you can monitor and record with or without real-time effects!
2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced ¼" instrument input
- Class A XMAX™ mic / instrument preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output with level control
- MIDI In/Out
- 1 USB 2.0 port
Meters, Controls, and Features
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Main-output level control
- Power/USB sync LED
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- Mix, adjust input and playback-returns levels, and add effects and signal processing from your laptop or other computer
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency analog monitoring with playback/input Mix control knob
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (screw-mount to standard rack tray, not included)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 1.6 lb. (0.7 kg)
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
Virtual StudioLive™ (VSL) ultra-low-latency control and effects software for Mac® and Windows®; manages:
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- 4x2 DSP mixer
- StudioLive™16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor, limiter, expander, high-pass filter, and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input, and analog output and its DAW return
- 2 stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- More than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
Studio One® Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows, with unlimited track count and 10+ GB of third-party resources. With Studio One's Nimbit® extension, you can immediately start selling your music.
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the AudioBox 22VSL:
Windows and Mac Systems
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.