This simple, handy little box connects to a computer via USB 1.1, so it works with virtually any PC or Mac, not just newer models. And it has just the right features for your basic recording needs—neither more nor less.
The AudioBox USB may be small and simple, but it boasts PreSonus quality inside and out. It offers excellent audio performance, thanks to two dual-purpose front-panel mic/instrument inputs with sweet-sounding Class A mic preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit converters that sample at up to 48 kHz.
You get a pair of line-level outputs and an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone output. MIDI In and Out ports ensure that you can use control surfaces and keyboards without requiring a separate MIDI interface.
This is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. It weighs just 5 pounds and can sit on a tabletop or can be mounted in 1/3 of a rackspace. It’s powered by the USB bus, so you don’t have to mess with a “wall wart” power supply or AC cord. And it’s built to withstand the rigors of travel.
So toss the AudioBox USB in your laptop bag and take it to your gig, to your hotel room, even to the beach (but be careful about sun and sand!). Wherever your travels take you, your AudioBox USB will be ready to perform.
The Finishing Touches
We could have stopped right there, but it’s not our way to stop when we can give you even more for your money. So we included an internal analog mixer with zero-latency monitoring, enabling you to monitor recorded tracks and overdubs with no annoying delay time.
Then we added the finishing touch by bundling a free copy of our amazing Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
So if you’re looking for a 2-in, 2-out USB recording interface with exceptional sound quality, look no further than the AudioBox USB. Because sometimes a simple, well-made, well-designed solution is exactly what you need.
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- 1 USB 1.1 port
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+102 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs/2.3 kg
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
- Studio One® Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary new digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 6+ GB of 3rd-party resources. With Studio One's Nimbit® extension, you can immediately start selling your music.
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB.
Windows and Mac Systems
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals. Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.